nternational Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Women Center Facilitator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Women’s Center Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills and knowledge building activities and recreational activities.
- She is overall lead in community mobilization for GBV awareness and sensitization at community level of the project sites in Maiduguri.
- Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month
- In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women-friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation
- In coordination with volunteers/partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
- Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities
- Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WFS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
- Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
- In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers
- In coordination with women, leaders / SEMA / NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child etc.
- Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers/partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
- Supervise community volunteers/partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers/partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
- Organize and implement bi-weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics
- Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send all applications addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
Application Deadline 12th July, 2018.
Note: Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.