The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HR Intern
Locations: Abuja, FCT, Maiduguri, Borno
Main Purpose of Job
- Helping the HR department in Filing, Scanning, Posting of Advert and photocopying of Documents.
- Compiling Health Insurance and Life Insurance Documents from the field sites for further action
- Filing all the NHF to the respective files;
- Contract tracking and follow up with appropriate Managers
- Photocopying of all the approved payrolls and filing them according to the field sides;
- Labelling of all the files accordingly and cabinets;
- Travel tracking & documentation of payment documents
- Assist in imputing staff information in the Payroll software
- Transferring all the ex-staff files to the ex-staff cabinet;
- Work with the Admin /HR Assistants to update files in real time
- Scanning of the approved documents for relevant documentation
- Tracking and Filing all timesheets according to the field sides;
- Posting the job vacancies to relevant Notices Board in Abuja/ Maiduguri;
- Receiving application and filing applications;
- Helping with the collection of document for the selected staff;
- Create files for new staff.
- Confidentiality: Ensuring the non disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- Follow up of Approval of recruitment Request from the Relevant Approving Bodies
- Long Listing;
- Call the candidates for the interview as instructed by the recruiter;
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- B.Sc/B.A or HND in Public Administration, Humanities or Human Resource
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of regulations affecting payroll as national service insurance, taxation etc.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letters to email address: “The Country Director, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.R[email protected]
Hand delivered application should be sent only to the IRC field office in Maiduguri. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Application Deadline 13th October, 2017.