The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stabilization Center Nurse
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Work
- The SC nurse is the focal point for nutrition care at the IRC’s stabilization center and will ensure 24 hour coverage.
- In addition, provide co-ordinate support and technical assistance to Health Department and management of on-going programmes statewide and establishing nutrition surveillance systems.
- He/She will directly SC help mothers and cleaners and work hand in hand with stabilization center Doctor.
- S/he reports to the SC medical Doctor and works closely with the MOH staffs for day to day administrative issues.
- The SC nurse will ensure the implementation of a quality nursing care at the stabilization center and ensure that all nutrition roles and responsibilities are done as per Nigeria national CMAM inpatient guidelines.
- The SC nurse will identify gaps in stabilization center and take the necessary steps to address those gaps.
- S/he provides assistance in planning, implementing and monitoring of high impact interventions and provides support in system strengthening and promotion of childhood nutrition, with special focus to the most vulnerable and unreached population groups.
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in SC in liaison with the clinical services .Give and advice on the drug regimen for children in the SC.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Improvement of the MIYCN program in the ward and ensure mother establish breastfeeding while in the ward
- Monitor therapeutic Feeds and ensure that children get 3 hourly therapeutic feeds as required.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Improve the provision of quality nutrition counseling in the hospital
- Plan and Conduct continuous monitoring of the OTP and SC patient management through quality of care (QoC) assessments.
- Supervise and coordinate the strict patient management of children in the Stabilization centre and ensure the laid protocols are followed.
- Participate in daily ward rounds in the SC ward with the medical team.
- Strictly monitor and record the vital signs as required and report any deviation from the Normal
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living while in the ward.
- Arrange and submit weekly ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Diploma/OND/NCE in Nursing.
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation.
- MUST possess a high level of integrity and with good interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Nigeria
- Must possess at least three (3) years’ experience in implementing nutrition related activities in a busy community set up.
- S/He must possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative programmed data.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Security level orange. The situation in Maiduguri, Borno remains unpredictable; there is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. This position is unaccompanied and accommodation will be in shared housing
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Senior Human Resource Manager” via: [email protected] Subject of the application should read: Stabilization Centre Nurse, Maiduguri
Application Deadline 14th June, 2018.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.