The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) have announced the opening of applications for the Global Indigenous Ambassador Program. Two Indigenous Ambassadors will be selected from underrepresented indigenous communities to attend ICANN61.
Applicants must be members of unserved or underserved tribal or native communities and meet the ICANN Fellowship Program criteria.
- Selected participants will receive travel, hotel, and per diem for the ICANN61 Conference in Puerto Rico, to be held 10-15 March 2018.
- Candidates from all regions and sectors are welcome to apply to the ICANN Fellowship Program.
- The Program is targeted at individuals who: show awareness of, but are either new to the ICANNenvironment; are familiar with ICANN but have yet to attend a face-to-face meeting; have started participating in ICANN through the Program or by successful applicants will have demonstrated: other means but need travel support and/or an additional Fellowship opportunity to broaden their knowledge and deepen their engagement.
- Candidate backgrounds are diverse: government, the ccTLD community, civil society, academic, legal, technical, and security, commercial and non-commercial sectors.
- These individuals must NOT be involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at time of selection.
ICANN wants participants to learn as much as possible during ICANN61. As part of the program, Indigenous Ambassadors will:
- Work with an indigenous mentor for the duration of the conference.
- Attend the ICANN Newcomer meeting with a Public Responsibility Support team representative who will facilitate the session to ensure inclusion.
- Participate in the Fellowship morning sessions for the duration of the conference to gain an understanding of and experience with ICANN and the multistakeholder community.
- Participate in the newcomer Onboarding Program both prior to coming to ICANN61 and during ICANN61.
- Submit a detailed report within 30 days after the conference – describing activities and assessing the Ambassador’s experience. These reports help ICANN evaluate future Fellowship efforts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: November 17th 2017