INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
General-purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Warehouse Officer, the role delivers the timely, effective and accountable logistics support to INTERSOS warehouse functions including the receiving and dispatch of goods to field locations and warehouse inventory tracking.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Implements and / or maintains INTERSOS’s inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manages and stores the receipt, handling, storage, release, and reporting of goods through the INTERSOS warehouse(s) and advises the supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Ensures effective and efficient logistics support for daily Area operations including procurement and supplies on the assigned project(s), all being implemented in accordance with the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets.
- Ensures that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately.
- Ensures that all records including inventory lists of INTERSOS items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users.
- Responsible for organization storage and warehouse of equipment and materials including proper use of documents, monitoring and reporting stock level.
- Manages casual laborers in the warehouse and ensures the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implements and ensures clear safety protocols; loading/unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO/FEFO) procedures.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Warehouse Officer to reconcile the Warehouse inventory and the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Ensures that the proper administrative procedures and standards for order follow-up, ordering, stock keeping, and dispatch are followed;
- Ensures adherence to INTERSOS handbook, guidelines, and Donor requirements.
- University Degree / Diploma in the Social Sciences or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in purchasing, warehousing, administration.
- Technical in Warehousing management for food & non-food items (warehouse management, and familiar with In-kind and cash for food);
- Personal requirements
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Focused on solutions and realizing program objectives quickly, efficiently and effectively
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format/sort/filter).
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2020.