Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Merchant Acquiring
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Payment Processing
- To develop and implement growth opportunities of Interswitch payment solutions and Services within and outside its country of coverage.
- To drive product feature enhancements and service platform optimization that creates unique long-term value for its value chain (customers / shareholders / markets).
- To transform the Interswitch payment offerings across POS, WEB, QR and USSD into a robust digital financial distribution Ecosystem.
- To co-ordinate, manage and support the sales & account management structure with Sales Network (i.e. technical support, advisory services and lead conversion strategies that increases Interswitch’s revenue).
- Grow existing market share, develop, and penetrate new market/ segments through value offerings to key high value and high volume merchant acquiring.
- Growth transaction volume across POS, WEB, QR and USSD channels through channel features and capacity building by working with product, project, developers, and other existing internal resources.
- Ensure service excellence to all acquired merchants and partners by engaging with the service and operations management teams on behave of the customers.
- Identify, research, development, implement, deploy, and manage new business initiatives across all market types to optimize channel usage and business value by owning merchants in these markets and its sub segments.
- Develop intelligent, relevant and world class business documentations for market and merchant engagements as required by all relevant internal stockholders.
- Acquire strategic partnerships that enables access to market and merchant clusters relevant to the business objectives and would contribute to business value both short term and long term.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders in the payment ecosystem where required to understand the payment landscape needs.
- Also, ensuring full understanding of the business risks and putting the right model and processes in place to mitigate such risks.
- Develop strategies and implement same to deepen product penetration and increase product market share in the retail space in Nigeria
- Conceptualize, build business case and pricing models for the POS payment channels
- Find and assess business opportunities in assigned channels and market
- Develop and execute the delivery of an integrated payment Ecosystem around the POS channel
- Analyze and guide sales network on quality leads to generated per product across applicable market sectors
- Establish and maintain excellent working and process operations with matrix teams seamlessly
- Prepare detailed business requirement/ specifications documents of new business initiatives / products features and liaise with relevant shared technology and product teams to deliver product
- Work with the assigned Product/Marketing Team to deliver quality sales kits for the Sales Team
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market needs, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Protect Interswitch’s value by keeping information confidential
- Develop a rapport with strategic/key clients, set targets for Sales Network and provide support that will continually improve the business relationship
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Build in-house capacity for integrating Interswitch payment solutions into merchant’s business ecosystem
- Provide Training plans and content for assigned products to be delivered to both inhouse and external clients
- Attend exhibitions to generate sales leads/opportunities that can be converted to sales post-event
- Communicating merchant/market requirements to colleagues internally and work with them to ensure that products are delivered per customer/market requirements and in line with agreed terms
- Identify networking opportunities, target market events and sales events that would provide positive impact to the sales bottom line
- Perform market research and analysis to monitor local environment for the emergence of new market segments and new merchant pool
- Provide feedback from merchants and market feedback to meet market demands and generate product development ideas
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in digital financial services markets, products features, best practices and operational excellence
- Learning what the competition is doing in terms of customer pricing, experience in the local market, their alliances, credibility, etc
- Post-sales engagement: visiting customers to discuss on how to improve services
- Research possible new sales opportunities within the existing portfolio of key merchants and identify new potential opportunities
- Monitor feedback from customers to measure their satisfaction with company products
- Provide customers and potential customers with useful information regarding the assigned products and services
- Maintain an awareness of sales and other developments amongst competitors and pass off any relevant information to the Sales Network and others as the case may require
- Maintain access to sales tool (CRM) to keep track of leads generated and other relevant information to enable performance to be measured and monitored proactively
- Seek out and onboard strategic partners relevant to market segment and payment channel, that aligns with business strategic objectives
- Manage contract content and customer business requirements and solution expectations
- Manage merchant acquiring per the governance policy in place
- Be aware of all card scheme rules and local regulatory as regards your portfolio and ensure all documentations, models, processes, procedures and services align to reduce exposure and risks
- Understand all cost associated with the business and ensure all assigned portfolios remains profitable and growth is visible Year on Year.
- First Degree (preferably in a Business discipline) from a reputable institution
- 5 – 8 years experience in digital financial industry
- In-depth understanding of Business development & Management
- Expertise in Portfolio management.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 22nd July, 2021.