Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head, Digital Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Group Marketing & Corporate Communications
- The primary purpose of this job is to oversee the strategic creation and dissemination of communication across all digital assets to achieve maximum engagement of existing clients and attract prospective clients.
- To develop, direct & coordinate the digital marketing strategy of Interswitch in order to provide consumer insights to support the business goal of driving brand equity growth, lead generation, transaction growth and customer acquisition.
- This job defines, delivers and iterates insightful strategies using impactful and integrated digital solutions to achieve growth for all Interswitch brands.
- It helps the business optimize resources for conversion and efficiently track Returns on Digital Marketing Investments. It champions the identification of gaps in customer engagements and recommends actionable initiatives to bridge the gaps. This job requires strong commercial acumen, data analytics skills, good knowledge of digital strategy and ability to execute flawlessly and strong stakeholder management skill.
- The Group Head should be obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
- This role is responsible for rigorous evaluation of multiple sources of digital data to inform the digital media selection, iterate and optimise digital activities to deliver brand objectives and overall growth
- Champions the use of relevant digital media to drive brand equity, loyalty and enhanced consumer experiences, share digital learnings across markets and brand teams
- Provides digital leadership for the business through digital strategy development spanning owned, earned and paid media
- Proactive market and consumer/customer trend scanning for insights, opportunities and leveraging in collaboration with the growth and brand marketing teams
- Manages, motivates and mentors the digital team, leveraging the team’s strengths through engaging and effective team management
- Manages cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to ensure Interswitch products leverage digital insights to ensure our products are optimized for mobile and SEO
- Serves as the quality control gateway for all digital communication output across all channels for all Interswitch brands
- Leverages insights through digital media along the Path-To-Purchase (customer journey) to deliver brand growth
- Leads the development of compelling strategy that integrates digital with the brand’s offline activities and drive behaviour change to deliver growth for all Interswitch brands
- Analyses web traffic data and online advertising ROI performance to recommend marketing initiatives to drive product performance and brand growth
- Be the gatekeeper responsible for quality control of all digital communication output across all the channels for all Interswitch brands
- Manages the performance of members of the Digital marketing team
- Performance management includes, Periodic performance & behavioural evaluation of team members
- Identifying training & development need of team members
- Drive employee engagement of team members and enhance general positive work climate
- Leads the creative & ideation process in conjunction with the design team and the digital agencies
- Partners with the product and marketing team to optimize marketing automations and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels; identify conversion drop-off points and advise product and marketing teams respectively
- Provides customer analysis, customer segmentation and establish reporting framework & infrastructure for real-time performance tracking
- Leads the management and measurement of integrated digital campaigns across all channels such as search, display, owned channels (email, push messages on web and mobile app, social media)
Education and Experience:
- A good 1st Degree from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
Experience (Number of Relevant Years):
- 10+ years’ experience in digital marketing with preferred experience in data-driven, highly competitive, complex, dynamic and digital environments such as payments & fintech, financial services, e-commerce, telecoms
- Agency experience with brands in this sector would also be considered
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Prior experience in performance marketing & running structured growth experiments and strong knowledge of digital marketing including Google Analytics, Email Marketing, social media, Excel
- Analytical and metrics-driven
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage several projects in a fast-paced environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
28th November, 2022.