IPNX Nigeria limited is one of the fastest growing information and communications technological companies, serving a multitude of needs across enterprises, small businesses and residents with innovative, world class services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead (Network and Monitoring Centre)
Job Grade: Permanent
Travel Frequency: Occasionally
Reporting to: Deputy Divisional CEO – Infrastructure Operations
Function: Oversees Active and Passive Network Monitoring & Support Operations
Work Schedule: 9.00 AM- 5.00 PM
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To proffer innovative solutions to various network problems and ensures that customer needs are properly defined and satisfactorily met.
- Implements and evaluates the working of systems / applications / network and stays abreast of new technologies emerging in the industry.
- S/He provides supervision of all first-level active and passive on-site and off-site technical support for all ipNX infrastructure, including fibre backbone, FTTx, wireless networks, inside and outside plant infrastructure, among others.
- To consistently provide high-quality customer service and support while ensuring customer satisfaction.
Working closely with the Infrastructure team. The primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the NOC team.
- The main aim for this coordination is to ensure that the systems runs efficiently without interruption.
- The NMC Lead must keep upper management informed about what is happening on the infrastructure.
- NMC Lead oversees the work of NOC and FTTx Backend engineers to ensure that system requirements have been properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
- Responsible for informing Management, partners and peers about service performance and service availability
- Primarily deals with customers, Co-lo providers, engineers and the whole technical team
- Coordinates the duty shift table for the NMC operations and carefully allocates staff members (NOC and backend engineers) on different shift duties for ensuring the whole shift works in an efficient and effective manner.
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- Seeks out and develops innovative tools and applications for automation of the systems monitoring operations
- Monitoring of the entire network to identify when defined thresholds are reached and triggers upgrades as required.
- Supervises Incident Management (First Level Support):
- Identifies the root- cause of customer issue & advice’s on how to resolve the issue.
- Identifies resources needed to solve the issue and estimates the effort required.
- Receive, log and take ownership of all faults.
- Run on 24*7*365 network monitoring operation.
- Proactively escalate issues to the Infrastructure team for capacity planning and Network optimization
- Ensure daily updates of all complaints not closed (open tickets) by following up with person(s), units and organizations responsible.
- Liaise with the Outside Plant Supervisiors on updates of progress on link restoration and Incidents reports ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Dissemination of information regarding corrective maintenance, causes, planned outage period for repair/preventive maintenance.
- Prepare daily incidence summary reports.
- Supervises and approves prepared weekly/monthly link availability reports for Backbone, P2P & FTTx.
- Produce periodic error-free link reports in order to inform both management and our customers of service levels achieved and areas of service improvement required.
- Prompt Response to inbound calls and emails
- Follow up on unresolved complaint/ open tickets to closure.
- Timely Escalation/feedback to relevant units.
- Preparing Technical Reports.
- Develop innovative and automated systems for proactive systems monitoring and incident reporting.
- Team building and Development
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- B.Sc / B.Eng in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- CCNA, CCNP (Desired)
- Strong telecommunications, IP design skills, & in-depth knowledge of IP Network.
- Understanding of iTIL v4 service management
- Excellent business communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hands-on experience with the following is a must: Routing, Switching and GPON Technology
- 3 – 6 years work experience.
- Experience with Wired, Wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint technologies is desirable
- Candidate must possess excellent customer interface, analytical and presentation skills and be able to influence internal and external organizations.
- Customer Focused
- Hardworking and Tenacious
- Action Orientation
- Tech Savvy
- Result Driven
- Excellent Decision Quality
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Impeccable Customer Service and Support Skills
- Customer Focus
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 20th June, 2023.