Posted on :
31 Dec, 2009
31 Dec, 2009
Jhpiego, is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 35 years, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing
effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. Jhpiego seeks suitable candidates for the following positions:
DEPUTY COUNTRY DIRECTOR, Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position report to: Country Director
• Under the general supervision of the Country Director, the Deputy Country Director will ensure that all country programs are implemented according to plan; provide financial oversight; oversee hiring of staff to adequately met the needs of all country programs and act on behalf of the Country Director in his/her absence. Detailed job description available on request.
• Master’s Degree in health or social science or related advance degree relevant to the field of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) Reproductive Health/ Family Planning or Infectious Diseases (e.g. HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis)
• A minimum of five years of mid- to senior level experience in designing, implementing or managing large, complex, community level MNCH or RH/FP project in developing country, especially in Africa.
• A minimum of five years experience working with international health care donors in Nigeria
• At least three years working and living in Nigeria, including supporting implementation of state-level programs
• Strong leadership and technical qualities in RH/FP and or MNCH service delivery , especially in area of technical and clinical qualities of service delivery at the community level
• Demonstrated expertise in working with USAID mission and host country senior government official and policy makers.
• Proven depth and breadth of management expertise and experience, including financial and human resources management and donor, partner and community relations
• Prior supervisory experience
• Excellent interpersonal written and oral presentation skills
• Ability to travels up to 30% of the time
• Additional qualifications and attributes:
• Fluent in written and spoken English and at least one other Nigeria language
• Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable project in more than one state in Nigeria
• Expertise in research to practice identifying best practice and adapting them to program realities
• Solid publication record area relevant to Jhpiego’s programs in Nigeria
• A team player accustomed to building team capacity , delegating working teams, and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts
• At least one year employment with USAID –affiliated health organization in Nigeria or has had at least two years of closely working with these organizations in the capacity of a consultant, subject matter expert, or mid- term technical advisor
• Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefit package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave ; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and ability insurance; travel incurrence; education assistance plan and more.
Method of Application:
Please send a letter of application and resume to [email protected] For further information about Jhpiego, visit www.jhpiego.org
The successful candidate selected for this position will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
Closing Date: 5th January, 2010.