Posted on :
10 May, 2010
Jhpiego has focused on improving the health of women and families in more than 140 countries worldwide for more than 30 years, Jhpiego Nigeria recruits suitable candidates for the following position: Human Resources Officer
Title: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Reports to: Chief Finance and Administrative Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
• Analyze the country’s HR needs and establish specific HR objectives for country office to ensure that HR policy/procedures and standards are met
• Ensure country level management team members are well versed on country-related HR policies and that policies are implemented consistently
• Advice Country Director on all HR related issues
• Review and update local employment policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community
• Liaise with Global Human Resources and Chief Administrative Officer as required
• Provide guidance to Country Director on all local compensation related issues
• Support Country Director by answering compensation related questions
• Administer all employee benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits
• Review Jhpiego, Nigeria benefits packages from time to time to ensure compliance with local laws and competitiveness with other international NGOs.
• Counsel hiring managers on staffing and recruitment related matters, including legal considerations and coaching on interview techniques
• Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates
• Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analyses on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers
• Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies
• Work closely with Supervisors to address issues affecting new staff
• Develop and maintain a healthy employee relations environment providing staff a venue to discuss their work related problems and concern.
• Advise and assist staff with disciplinary and grievance issues
• Mediate in staff conflict situations
• Ensure that employee files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
• Ensure that HQ receives new employee documentation in a timely fashion.
• Maintain recruitment and attrition statistics for staff
Qualifications and Requirements
• BA in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field with at least 3 years experience managing human resources functions for mid-sized organization preferably with an international organization preferably with an international organization
• In depth knowledge of Nigerian employment practices
• Highly motivated, energetic, independent self starter with strong service orientation
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Strong presentation and communications skills, oral and written
• Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures
Method of Application:
Submit resumes to: [email protected] The successful candidate selected for this position will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
Deadline: 20th May, 2010.