Posted on :
10 May, 2010
10 May, 2010
Jhpiego Nigeria is an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University and a well known leader in providong assistance and healthcare for women and families, Jhpiego Nigeria seeks suitable candidates for the following position: State Program Officer
Title: STATE PROGRAM OFFICER
Position Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: Katsina State
• Assist in the assessment of clinical training and service delivery needs for MCHIP and in the design and implementation of appropriate responses to meet them.
• Identify and inform supervisor of successes, challenges and lessons learned
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with government officials, colleagues and donors in Katsina state
Management and Administration
• Contribute to the development of curricula, translations of technical and/or training materials.
• Maintain excellent records of technical files and materials supplied to various partners or training entities
• Participate in technical assistance to Government counterparts and NGOs implementing MCHIP program activities
• Contribute to technical program reports, work-plans, and draft correspondence as requested
• Comply with JHPIEGO and JHU operational policies and regulations
• Keep up to date on developments in the literature and new evidence and maternal and newborn health.
• Contribute to development of proposals, as needed
• Other tasks as identified by the supervisor
• Medical, nursing or midwifery degree with specialization in public health
• 5 years work experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
• Understanding of public health and development approaches
• Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
• Strong decision making skills and results oriented approach
• Willingness to travel within and occasionally outside Katsina State
• Donor funded program experience preferred
• Competency-based training experience with medical, nursing and midwifery institutions
• Computer skills demonstrating competency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, MSWord, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Experience in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program direction or results
• Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts.
• Experience working in cooperation with colleagues who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
• Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and regulations
Method of Application:
Submit resumes to: [email protected]. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
Deadline: 20th May, 2010.