JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (Caterpillar Inc., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Legrand, Ge Lighting, Kaeser Compressors, Thyssenkrupp), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Buyer
Location: Head Office Victoria Island, Lagos
Reports To: Head of Credit Control
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on Budgeted collection.
- Updating of monthly stock count report.
- Responsible for ensuring all activities of Accounts Receivable functions are completed in a proper and timely manner.
- Prompt allocation of Payments to Invoices in ERP System
- Responsible for all activities relating to developing, collection of age receivables, investigating credit and recommending credit limits.
- Manage client billing and collection activities; follow-up inquiries, negotiation with past-due accounts, referring critical collection issue to management.
- Handle accounts reconciliation from identifying errors by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Verification of credit limit and confirmation of client’s order to proceed with SO creation
- Ensure all files and documents are maintained accurately and thoroughly in accordance with company policy and acceptable accounting practices.
- Responsible for ensuring policies, procedures and internal control for debtors and Accounts Receivable processes are adequately designed and implemented.
- Manage bad debt write-offs to planned goal and ensure that collection strategy has been completed on those account processed for write-off.
- Responsible for the development, modification and review of credit & collection systems, reporting methods and controls.
- Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectable to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avert indebtedness.
- Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Review debtors credit worthiness position and take appropriate actions.
- Establish and updates customers’ credit activities, follow up with clients on outstanding invoices on account.
- Prepare monthly Debtor status report and yearly doubtful debt and bad debt.
- Provide ad-hoc trade debtor positions reporting as and when requested by management.
- Liaise with sales department on issues affecting clients.
Requirements / Skills:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 4 years of experience in credit control.
N150,000 Gross / month.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
30th September, 2022.