Posted on :
2 Jun, 2021
Plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry, supervise seasonal help; irrigation of crops and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings.
Requirements and Skills
1) Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
2) Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
3) Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings.
4) Harvest fruits and vegetables.
5) Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
6) Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
7) Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
8) Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
9) Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
10) Repair farm buildings, fences, and other structures.
11) Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
12) Apply pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers to crops.
13) Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
14) Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Minimum of OND/HND, with a bachelor’s degree preferred, in agricultural studies and a minimum of three (3) years of experience working on a farm. The individual shall have, at a minimum, experience with cropping or livestock, with both experiences preferred.
Candidates or applicants must have an agricultural background, must be – a. diligent; b. hard working; c. conscientious; d. self-starter; and fast learner. Candidates must be of impeccable integrity and be out-of-the-box thinkers. Candidates who do not practice a lifestyle or philosophy of total honesty and forthrightness are strongly urged to seek employment elsewhere. The farm is in Karu, Abuja, F.C.T./Nasarawa. Accommodation will be provided on the farm. The salary range for this position is N50,000 to N60,000 monthly. Please note that this is a start-up farm with opportunity for the successful candidate to grow.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to [email protected] no later than July 20th, 2021.