The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist for the reconciliation of NRC bank accounts and cash boxes
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
- Assist to prepare donors finance reports and proposals.
- Prepare day to day financial transactions
- Prepare postbacks for Agresso import
- Establish a good system of advances management
- Management of bank and cash transactions
- Assist to facilitate audit follow ups and activities
- Reconciliation of balance accounts on a monthly basis
- Archiving of financial documents
- Ensure that NRC and Donor guide lines are adhered to
- Facilitate cash counts and safeguard of cash in the office.
- Process vendors invoices and payments
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Follow up on other tasks assigned by line manager
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a related function
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Relevant experience in Finance and knowledge in Microsoft Office and accounting softwares.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 12month
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to [email protected] The title of the position (Finance Officer- Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
21st September, 2016
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.