Ornamental Agro-Allied Enterprises is a full service agriculture firm offering professional farm management, Dairy Operation, livestock operations management, agricultural consulting. We have a practical understanding across the whole range of farming disciplines.
We are currently recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Manager
- Maintains electrical systems by providing electrical power and equipment; offering engineering support; managing staff.
- Accomplishes electrical maintenance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves electrical maintenance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets electrical maintenance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides electrical power by maintaining electrical equipment and outlets; including energy management system for lighting, security gates, security console, and mail conveyor system.
- Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets; providing raceways for telephone communications.
- Provides lighting by maintaining electrical lighting fixtures.
- Provides engineering support by responding to requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Complies with codes by adhering to requirements; advising senior management on needed actions.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking electrical material stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for electrical material; reviewing and approving invoices;
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates mechanical engineering job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances facilities services and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Electrical Maintenance Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Electronics Troubleshooting, Staffing, Technical Leadership, Technical Understanding, Developing Budgets, Equipment Maintenance, Safety Management, Attention to Detail, Conceptual Skills, Supply Management, Facilities Management Systems.
Job Title: Senior Analytical Chemist
- Familiar with and has experience in fire science and/or UL certification testing and capable of problem solving using reliable analytical data obtained by various analytical techniques (X-ray fluorescent, inductively coupled plasma instrumentation, etc).
- Must write clear and concise reports from analysis of the data.
- Responsible for providing timely responses to internal and external requests and for providing accurate quotes for external customer projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of UL certification testing.
- Ability to execute testing in the area of Polymer fire science utilizing Cone Calorimeter, Oxygen Index and other tests to resolve issues.
- Understand chemistry as it relates to flammability of polymers.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the XRF and ICP labs providing solutions for problems involving metals analyses.
- Understand inorganic chemistry as it relates to the performance of polymers.
- Provides project management for analytical projects from within the organization as well as from external customers.
- Prepares and presents technical documents to customers.
- Perform the routine and experimental analytical methods and protocols in an accurate and reproducible manner.
- Contributes ideas to members of a group formed to resolve analytical problems.
- Sets priorities for analytical projects to help bring them to completion in a timely fashion.
- Assists senior scientists within the group as the demands of the businesses change.
- Directs the work of junior staff assigned to them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related field.
- Advanced Degree is a plus.
- Can apply multiple theories and concepts in experimentation and trouble-shooting.
- Has more in-depth scientific understanding and relevant experience.
- Has technical proficiency to be self-sufficient.
- Understands Design of Experiment.
- Work speed is faster with better accuracy.
- Familiar with EHS standards and codes.
- Understands customer requirements and translates them into technical projects.
- Capable or leading project teams.
- Expands technical network beyond his/her own Business Unit.
- Capable of developing new tests and approaches.
- External Awareness
- Developing network of customer and vendor contacts.
- Growing understanding of customer markets and applications.
- Has attended conferences and industry shows and begun to build market knowledge and trends.
- Has visited customers and presented technical work.
- Gets buy-in from others for personal projects.
- Comfortable giving oral presentations.
- Provides clear communication on larger projects to wider audiences.
- Had demonstrated ability to complete more complex experimentation/projects on time and within budget.
- Completed projects have resulted in direct financial gains for Business Unit.
- Clearly understands how project outcome impacts business unit top and bottom lines..
- Can explain PolyOne’s strategies externally from a high level.
- Aware of testing and other technology costs and strives to minimize them.
- Aware of options of IP protections.
- Provides necessary input for technician performance.
Job Title: Assistant Agricultural Fieldman
- To work with the Manager Agricultural and Environmental Services in the implementation of Agricultural Service Board Programs and duties appointed by the company and assume the Managers responsibilities when the manager is absent for an extended period of time.
- Facilitates the delivery of the Agricultural Services offered to the customers.
- Direct and supervise the service board employees
- Plan and budget for programs
- Ensure the proper equipment is available and maintained
- Keep track of the loaned and rented units
- Control stocks of pesticides and sprayer repair parts
- Maintain a daily log of activities and accurate spray records
- Complete work orders on a timely Basis for invoicing
- Reports quarterly,annually and on special projects
- Coordinate these jobs between manpower, equipment, materials and time for everything
- On farm cattle weighing for herd records
- Sprayer calibrations and service / modification advise
- Shelterbelt trees (selection) – receiving, distribution and planting
- Soil sampling – and fertility interpretation
- Seed plant emergency help
- Control weeds on public land
- Custom weed control on private land only if not in direct competition with locally offered services
- Identify weeds, pests, and diseases for the community
- Provide advice for suitable control of the above
- Maintain current information on modern farming techniques
- Order, maintain and use materials required for predator control under the authority of the Agricultural Pests Act.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Diploma from an Agricultural College.
- Two or more years experience in agriculture or the agricultural service industry
- A valid pesticide applicators license
- Excellent communications skills are required
- Being able to work with other agricultural groups is an advantage
- Competence in giving / taking directions and self motivation is a benefit
- Computer literacy and advanced writing skills are required.
Job Title: QA/QC Supervisor
- Supervises and coordinates all activities related to Quality Control and Quality Assurance of inspection of work packages completed and to be sold off to the client (i.e. all welding and bolt-up assemblies).
- Works with craft foreman of workers engaged in construction, installation to ensure the Gulfspan Quality Control program is executed and client quality requirements are achieved.
- Examines blueprints and inspection data to ensure uniformed program compliance.
- Inspects work to ensure conformance with specifications defined in the job package.
- Assembles test packages and coordinates with production for initial testing and 3rd party inspection (i.e. NDE) of the completed work.
- The QAQC supervisor acts as a liaison between Gulfspan field supervision, and client representative(s)to ensure that quality issues are identified and corrected through the construction, repair process .
Required Skills/ Personal Ttraits
- A general knowledge of construction.
- In-depth understanding of welding and/or work specific, client requirements.
- QA/QC Supervisor credentials are driven by client specific requirements per discipline.
- Certification of ASMP, EPIA, LEVEL 2 VP, LEVEL 2 RT FILM INTERPITATION, AWSCWI, AWSAWI, API 510, API 570 and/or other credentials may be required.
- Knowledge of and basic proficiency with MS office products(Excel, Project, Words, Etc) -Ability and willingness to travel , work long hours, and work weekends.
- The ability to get along well with co-workers and management and the ability to work together with other employees as part of a group, the ability to accurately communicate ideas, instructions, questions, problems, solutions.
- The ability to accurately receive and understand ideas, instructions, questions, problems, solutions or feelings understanding of the nature and causes of accidents, appreciative of the effects and seriousness of accidents, alert and attentive for possible hazards, takes necessary actions to prevent accidents – is not accident prone and does not have a history of chronic unsafe behavior.
Job Title: Crop Quality Supervisor
During peak season:
- Analyze & sampling of crops, with the help of farms quality specialists;
- Monitor quality and conditions of crops from harvest till their realization;
- Accountable for quality and conditions of crops ;
- Maintain inventory of crops samples;
- Composite and prepare production samples for required testing at outside lab;
- Proceed with regular on-site quality analyses of crops under storage (temperature, humidity, infestation, …);
- Report of all quality database, using excel or any other appropriate software;
- Improve goods quality parameters when ever feasible;
- Manage farms quality specialists ;
- Represent the Company interest on quality issues vis a vis 3rd parties or official authorities.
- Provide training program to farms quality specialists ;
- Maintain all lab equipment and/or calibration of such equipment;
- Perform the compliance review and approval of all batch documentation related to quality of the goods;
- Outside of his/her Crop Quality Supervising duties, the employee will assist OA regional office management in other Operations and/or Productions issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Diploma from an Agricultural College.
- Two or more years experience in agriculture or the agricultural service industry.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to: [email protected]
10th October, 2016