At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Development Engineer – DX Indirect Channel
What you will do
- The Sales Development Engineer is a key role reporting directly to the Channel Sales Manager. You will be part of a new team of 3 directly responsible for expanding the sales network for our HVAC business across Africa.
- As a Sales Development Engineer will be responsible for a set territory: Nigeria & Ghana.
- You will play a strategic role in defining sales plans for each country that focus on developing the right partner network and delivering the target revenue for all product lines. As a member of this team, you will work within a dynamic environment that provides a platform for you to have immediate impact: you will be directly responsible for the company’s growth in this new and challenging African region.
How you will do it
- As a Sales Development Engineer you will gather market information (market prices, volume, growth, competitor actions etc) and propose a growth action plan for each channel in the territory. In countries were no channel is currently appointed, you will be responsible for finding and appointing new, strong channels.
- You’ll be in the field visiting the channels, training our distributors, building relationships and supporting their marketing activities.
- You’ll be technically adept supporting our distributors with technical equipment selections and visit consultants and contractors to present our product range to ensure we are providing competitive technical solutions, using a pull strategy to grow our market share.
- You are equally commercially strong to prepare and negotiate price proposals with the distribution network to guarantee our gross margin levels and turnover.
- You are a hunter driven to seek and develop strong channel partner relationships, self-motivated enjoying the challenge of working independently to drive your territory growth.
- You’re naturally perseverant, tenacious and consistent in your approach to work, managing multiple priorities simultaneously because of your excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- 3 Years minimum sales experience in HVAC solution sales, specifically chillers, AHU, FCU
- 2 Years minimum experience in setting up new channels and distributors in Nigeria and/or Ghana
- Proficiency in developing and delivering new business and market growth
- Fluent language skills in English
- Willing & able to travel frequently to the territory
- Experience working in a global team environment and communicating effectively across multiple cultures
- Sales experience in HVAC solution sales for DX (split, VRF, packaged)
- Fluent language skills in French
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here