Jordan Brooke Estates is fully committed to the delivery of up-market developments to mid-market locations. It’s our dream to become the standard by which real estate is measured. The core of Jordan Brooke is driven by a passion to build and desire to consistently deliver on quality and innovation. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: In-house Lawyer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a skilled and experienced In-House Lawyer to join our prestigious real estate company.
- As our In-House Lawyer, you will play a crucial role in managing and overseeing all legal affairs, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic legal professional to contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
- Provide expert legal advice and guidance on a wide range of real estate matters, including property acquisitions, leases, contracts, and transactions.
- Review and negotiate complex legal agreements, ensuring favorable terms and conditions for the company.
- Conduct thorough legal research and analysis, staying up to date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry developments.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as operations, finance, and compliance, to ensure legal compliance in all business activities.
- Develop and implement company policies and procedures to minimize legal risks and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Handle and oversee litigation matters, working closely with external counsel when required.
- Advise on legal issues related to land use, zoning, environmental regulations, and property development.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes and negotiations with external parties, including clients, vendors, and government agencies.
- Draft and review legal documents, including contracts, leases, and other legal agreements.
- Stay updated on changes in laws and regulations affecting the real estate industry and communicate relevant updates to the management team.
- Bachelor of Law from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a practicing lawyer, preferably with a focus on real estate law.
- Strong knowledge of real estate laws, regulations, and industry practices.
- Proven experience in contract drafting, negotiation, and reviewing legal agreements.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive legal research and analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex legal concepts to non-legal professionals.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proactive approach to identify legal risks and provide innovative solutions.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, a Cover Letter highlighting their relevant experience and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “In-House Lawyer Application – [Your Name]” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.