The Justice, Development and Peace / Caritas Initiative (JDPC), is a non- governmental organization registered under the Corporative Affairs. It is the development arm of the Catholic Church Commission. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Officer
JDPC Enugu Diocese is currently engaging in the Enugu State 4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their families in Enugu East LGA in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Presidents’ Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) 95: 95: 95 Agenda.
- The Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Officer will be responsible for interventions to reduce the economic vulnerability of families and empower them to provide the essential needs of the children in Enugu State
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the livelihoods needs assessments within project’s target groups and areas of operation.
- Provide leadership in developing innovative livelihood strengthening programmes and interventions that are consistent with project’s child protection mandate.
- Managing and ensuring the effective implementation of livelihood interventions across the organisation’s programs through proper targeted and result oriented approaches.
- Building the capacity of CVs in managing and supporting livelihood interventions
- Be in charge of developing, disseminating and orienting CVs staff on livelihood programme management and monitoring tools
- Coordinate with Project Team to provide technical support in OVC Household Economic Strengthening programming.
- Support in the development of the project HES strategy and monitor implementation.
- Coordinate with staff to assure full community participation and visit each project activities to monitor or provide technical assistance.
- Actively promote best practices and a shared, vision of quality assurance of Strategic Information through an improved standard of OVC Household Economic Strengthening programming.
- Maintain and avail appropriate technical resources.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Development, or related field of study.
- Experience working with Adolescent and Young people on capacity and vocational skill acquisition.
- Excellent communication, team building and training skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in and outside the organization
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills required
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet) required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 17th February, 2020.
For more information: Call the Executive Director, Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Donatus Chukwudi Onuigbo on 08164331439 Or The program Manager, Chioma Ononyaba on 08037514715