Kaduna Polytechnic – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director, Medical & Health Services
- The Director of Medical &. Health Services is responsible to the Rector for the day to day health issues of the Polytechnic community.
- He/she is responsible for the coordination and supervision of Health Center of the Institution
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and transparency in public and private life.
- He must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the Polytechnic.
- He/she must also be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into action for the betterment of the health facilities of the Polytechnic.
Candidates for the post shall:
- Possess Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution registered with the Nigerian Medical Council plus at least 12 years of cognate experience in the Polytechnic system or similar Federal Institutions of higher learning,
- Candidate must have attained the position of Chief Medical Officer or its equivalent in a Polytechnic system or similar Federal Institutions with at least three years at the time of appointment,
- Must be registered with Nigerian Medical Council,
- Candidate must have attained advance training leading to Postgraduate Fellowship of West African College or National College in any specialization in medicine or surgery,
- Candidate must also be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service attached to the position of Director, Medical and Health Services are as obtainable in Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- The salary and allowances are as applicable to officers on COM MESS 15.
- Other benefits to the holder of the office are as stipulated in the letter of appointment. The position is a career appointment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 10 hard copies of their Curriculum Vitae, and 10 copies of their educational and professional credentials to the address below. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following among others:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Current postal address
- E-mail address and phone numbers
- Marital status
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies with dates
- Present employer
- Position held and date
- Extra-curricula activities
- Names and addresses of three referees.
Applicants should request their referees to forward their confidential reports directly under confidential cover to the Registrar on or before the closing date. All applications in sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope and should be addressed to:
Application Deadline 6th July, 2018.