Karbak Ventures Limited – We are an Industrial Engineering firm and general contractors and have been providing top-notch customer service since 1998.In the intervening years, we have handled projects of high international standards and collaborated with experts from all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Account Officer
- Responsible for posting transactions into the accounting software
- Creating system code for new vendors and customers
- Ensuring daily updating of bills payable and reporting
- Maintain Fixed asset register and asset valuation
- Responsible for updating payment of contract workers and payment
- Maintain and keep the office float.
- Ensure custody of financial instruments used by the company.
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Responsible for raising and sending of customer tax invoices.
- Responsible for receivables management and filing copy of customers’ tax invoices sent to clients.
- Responsible for updated staff payroll schedule, payment and printing of payslips
- Responsible for inventory control on materials supply to project site and material returns
- Responsible for inventory reconciliation with physical count.
- Ensure the supplier accounts are reconciled and reported to the head of operation.
- Other duties as delegated by management.
- Candidate must be female.
- Must have 1-2 years experience in accounting and tax matters.
- Must not be older than 26 years.
- Must posses any of OND, HND, B.Sc in Accounting.
- AAT (ICAN)would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resumes to: [email protected]
Job Title: Project Engineer Intern
- The Project Engineer internship is designed to give students a realistic preview of a role as a Project Engineer in the construction industry.
- This position provides onsite administrative support to the project team consisting of the Project Manager, Superintendent and Project Engineer. The PE intern must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Assist in project close-out
- Communicate and enforce Karbak Safety and Health Management Program
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects
- Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra)
- Computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, etc)
- Ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance
Education and/or Experience
- Recently graduated with a bachelors in Construction Management, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field or equivalent through experience
- The Intern reports to a direct manager within the department, with additional reporting to the Project and/or Operations Manager.
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft office Suite.
- Good knowledge and use AutoCAD.`
- Good knowledge and use Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
Work Environment/Job Conditions
- This job may be performed in the office or on the jobsite and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all Company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification.
- They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their resume/CV’s to: [email protected]
Job Title: Personal Assistant (P.A) to the MD
- To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the MD, helping him to manage and prioritize his time.
- You will be responsible for providing full secretarial assistance to the management team during absences to ensure a high level of service is maintained.
- This position will be of key importance within the organization and the successful candidate must have previous secretarial and administrative experience within a fast-paced customer facing environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organize your workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Manage and maintain the MD’s diary and email account.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Organize inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive.
- Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments, requiring Bio or photos etc.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the MD.
- Keep and retrieve files.
- Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
- Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required. You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks around the factory that may be deemed necessary.
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards; along with a high understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Ideally educated to Degree level (A’ level education considered)
- A minimum of two years similar experience.
- Excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright, confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Willing to travel
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] with the job title as the subject of your mail