Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mill Buyer
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Typ: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- The Mill Buyer is responsible for the procurement of all materials, equipment and services required by the Mill, which is not purchased on a corporate wide basis.
- These purchases require the exercise of independent judgment and/or functional work direction of department members to ensure the combination of quality, service and price is optimized. Also responsible for Vendor quality Management Programs & Partnerships to support the business and production.
- Procure goods and services from approved vendor list, local and overseas, and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the function’s (requisitioners) requirements for assigned materials,equipment and services are obtained in an efficient manner
- Constantly evaluating new sources of supply and forward to Mill Purchasing Manager / internal customers for approval. This tasks needs to be performed within KCSA’s sourcing strategies.
- Ensure establishment & proper implementation of procedures& controls for all of the Company’s Purchasing activities.
- Administer Purchasing function administration duties, i.e. vendor file maintenance, Open order management, maintain purchasing filing system, effective expediting of open orders and vendor assessment and evaluation system.
- Participation in regular and effective cross-functional teamwork with key customers (internal & external) to ensure support and commitment to business objectives.
- Implement Sourcing Strategies, short, medium and long term to contribute to the Company’s operating profit and working capital objectives.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and controls for the Enstra Mill Purchasing function to ensure that all purchasing activities are conducted in accordance with ethical standards and practices and compliance with KCSA’s Code of Conduct.
- Implement plans to increase sourcing activity with B BEE suppliers whom will contribute to our cost and product quality objectives and standards.
- Implement Vendor Partnerships to maximize cost, product quality and lead-time reduction opportunities
- Actively drive the Vendor Quality management Program.
- Position requires tertiary qualification (M+3) in Purchasing or Logistics / Accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a purchasing function.
- In depth knowledge of a computerized purchasing / accounts payable system, preferably SAP.
- Thorough understanding of operations (engineering stores) and purchasing processes.
- Supplier Service level agreements and supply contracts.
- Decision making skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply