Kloverharris Limited is a Human resource/IT Consulting company that provides high quality services to businesses across Africa. We pride ourselves in how well we assist organizations overcome challenges that bother on optimal performance by proffering a wide array of solutions through the use of deep IT expertise, industry- wide expertise and highly proficient tools. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Contract and Procurement Manager
- As a Contracts and Procurement Manager, you will understand, develop, manage and control all facets of contract formation, negotiation, and management and provide technical guidance and oversight of the procurement function to all levels of staff and management on a global level.
- He/She will lead and support the entire procurement life-cycle for all goods and services that the organization procures.
- Successful candidates will apply professional purchasing concepts, standards, and organizational objectives to complete complex procurement/contracting assignments. He/She will lead and collaborate with business units and offices in establishing quality improvements and process efficiencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acquire supplier market knowledge and maintain supplier relations as required
- Responsible for the management of Procurement Activities such as Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, and Material Handling
- Develop and implement Contracting and Procurement Strategy
- Implementing Client Contract requirements also ensures flow downs into Contracting Plan and Procurement Strategy
- Provide regular status and progress reporting (Procurement Milestone Plan, etc.)
- Manage a team of Purchasers, Expeditors, Contract Administrators and Logistics Coordinators on contracting and procurement activities, including but not limited to sourcing, bidding, evaluation, expediting, etc
- Liaise with other internal stakeholders (Finance, Legal, Business Development, Estimating, Engineering, Operations Manager, General Operations Management, etc.)
- Establish service and frame agreements in Nigeria Other duties as assigned
- Visit local operation offices/shore base regularly to ensure unified procurement processes worldwide
- Contribute with input to life cycle cost considerations
- Plans organize, directs and controls the contracting and procurement function
- Performs contracting and procurement activities following the contracting and procurement practices and standards published in the Company Management System and the established Contracting Plan and Procurement Strategy
- Performs contracting and procurement duties including key responsibility for negotiations
- Ensure adequate staffing and provide general supervision to functional staff, ensuring their career development and training
- Maintains total responsibility for the complete contracting and procurement function and reports operationally to Project Management and General Operations Management and functionally to SVP Supply Chain
- Contribute ideas for improvement of best practices
- Other duties as required to comply with requirements from Offshore Units and/or local regulations
- Possess a degree or equivalent experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, primarily in the area of contracting and procurement
- Certification on procurement as an added advantage.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the technical, contractual and commercial issues related to design and engineering of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessels
- Experience in offshore oil and gas industry is an advantage.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in oral and written English language
- Team player and meticulous to details
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online