KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior M & E Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River.
- This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease and contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets.
- The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
Purpose of the Job
- The Senior M&E Officer will work with the Project Coordinator and other Program Officers to lead M&E activities under the Global Fund PPM TB grant.
- Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for KNCV TB Foundation including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Position in the Organization
Hierarchically, the Senior M&E Officer reports to the Project coordinator (PPM)
As Senior M&E Officer, you will:
- Ensure a robust monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management for Global Fund Public Private Mix TB grant;
- Ensure all the key tools for recording and reporting project activities are in available and accurate use by all supported entities;
- Collate and validate all data form the linkage coordinators and track the performance of project in all clusters;
- Collate and validate monthly data from all facilities and supported entities to track project performance;
- Develop and share performance feedback chart with the program officers to ensure effective monitoring of linkage coordinators;
- Develop performance dashboard to track functionality of all engaged entities in the PPM project;
- Design process to improve quality of data collection and reduce time spent in collecting data;
- Analysis output from all key intervention to provide guidance on resource allocations in the implementation of the project;
- Provide technical support to the project coordinator to coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report for submission to the Principal recipient;
- Validate and analyse results from Data Quality Assurance exercise and share lesson learn with the project;
- Ensure monitoring and evaluating progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including analysing indicators for the TB clinical cascades;
- Provide TA support and mentorship to state teams on data analysis for program quality improvement;
- Provide TA to GON and partner organization in revision of training curricula for Monitoring and evaluation including tool development and revision;
- Provide technical assistance in uploading data into the National Electronic TB Information System (NETIMS) and other electronic reporting mechanisms;
- Lead the process for conduct standard data checks and data quality assurance with the PR and NTBLCP;
- Participate in the Revision of DQA protocols with partner M&E teams as well as validate and analyse results from partners Data Quality Assurance exercise;
- In collaboration with the State TB program, mentor all M&E focal persons at the state level as well as Local Government levels including Health Facility Staff;
- Contribute to the application of a rigorous monitoring and evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs;
- Ensure the proper reporting using the MATTS app and ensure expansion of the use of MATTS app by all engaged entities;
- Ensure proper documentation of success stories and lesson learnt for continuous quality improvement ;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Who We are Looking for?
- Masters’ Degree in Health Sciences or related disciplines;
- Bachelor Degree with extensive experience in public health program can be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in M & E in public health project;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and use of computer;
- Experience in working in the fields of TB/HIV, Community TB, and MDR TB, with extensive field experience in Nigeria;
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open;
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences;
- No nine to five mentality;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, approachable and good listener;
- Exhibits high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations;
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritize work, handle pressure.
What Does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 30th October, 2020.