Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are currently looking for a talented person with a passion for the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain/ Pharmalogistics to join our team and run the Pharmaceutical arm of Konga business in the capacity below:
Job Title: Head of Pharmaceutical Distribution Company
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
Reports to: CEO
- The ideal candidate will Oversee Company’s National business activities and sales force to ensure observable growth as measured with KPls; coach, motivate, coordinate, and provide leadership for sales team to achieve double digit growth in prescription and sales and build a high-performing sales team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and grow the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain unit of Konga (major)
- Maintain and grow all existing business relationships for Konga Pharmaceuticals
- Strategically plan and manage the distribution channel of Konga Pharmaceuticals
- Responsible for: managing all inbound and outbound logistics, financial/operations performance of the delivery activities including analytics and actions for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with global team in the selection and implementation of new logistic service providers to improve service levels and optimize costs
- Responsible for all trade compliance activities
- Take a leading role in the implementation of new software to optimize supply chain processes
- Initiate and lead service improvement initiatives. Create a pipeline of ideas that continuously improves results in transportation and transportation cost, and on-time delivery
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timely targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Analyzing data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent regulatory laws and requirements
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Strategically manage the Konga Pharmaceuticals’ budgets and ensure optimal utilization
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Physiology or Biochemistry. However, a pharmacist licensed to practice pharmacy in the Federal Republic of Nigeria is desired.
- Enriched managerial experience (at least 4years) as a Country Sales or Regional Manager in pharmaceuticals industry.
- A Master’s Degree in Business/Project Management or Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional Pharmaceutical and Supply Chain bodies will also be an added advantage e.g. Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), CSCP, CISCM, CILSCM, CIPSMN, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar industry
- Must have worked with any of the top of Pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria
- Must have key experience in Pharmalogistics and Supply chain
- Must be very tech savvy
- Excellent Interpersonal and people management skills
- Planning & Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
Why work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast growing businesses.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to: [email protected] & copy [email protected] using the title of the role as the subject of the mail on or before the closing date.
Application Deadline: 27th July, 2020.
Note: All CV should be in word doc and/or pdf formats.