Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile (React Native) Engineer
- We are looking for a result-driven React Native developer who will work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Kuda.
- S/he will be responsible for building, maintaining and architecting React Native applications with clean code.
- Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Kuda.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API’s.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Complete one/two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Interface with team-mates and other stakeholders via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of React Native developers who share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Follow Kuda’s detailed development process
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Grade (Android Studio, Intellij)
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like (Jest or Mocha)
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various media
- A passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues.
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflict.
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online