La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort is focused on presenting African hospitality and culture in a cosmopolitan manner. The resort boasts of a clean beach, lagoon and mangrove forest that provide visitors with the opportunity to observe, at close quarters, a wide variety of tropical Flora and fauna that include snake trees, mangroves, various species of epiphytes, monkeys, squirrels, bats, and various species of birds such as kingfishers, sea hawks, egrets and ducks. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the resort, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He/She should be an ambassador for the brand and the resort.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the President/Founder and other stake holders.
- Responsible for managing the resort management team (HOD’s) and overall resort targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations functions of the resort, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the resort annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the resort on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the resort Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to resort team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent resort professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A university degree in Hotel Management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 10 to 15 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience, ideally including experience in remote locations. And 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
- Age limit: not more than 40 years
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.