Posted on :
9 Jun, 2011
9 Jun, 2011
Why join one great company when you can join many? When you join GE, you join a company made up of 6 exciting businesses. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team GE Infrastructure is one of the world’s leading providers of fundamental technologies to developing countries, including aircraft engines, transportation, energy, oil and gas, and water process technologies.
At GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
We are GE. We’re a global infrastructure, finance and media company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. And we are taking the strengths that have made us an industry leader and putting them to work in service of a new era of global business, with a focus on the world and the people we share it with. Through initiatives like ecomagination and healthymagination, we are developing the next generation of products and services to improve the way we use resources, impact our communities and care for each other. Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today. From jet engines to power generation, financial services to water processing, and medical imaging to turning imaginative ideas into
eading products and services. GE is imagination at work
POSTED POSITION TITLE: SENIOR MANAGER FINANCE
CAREER LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTION SEGMENT: Functional Management
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Yes
ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE: The O&G Nigeria Finance Manager role oversees a team of 10 individuals across multiple sites, with cross functional interaction and internal and external relationships. The individual will be required to lead, and develop a team of professionals and ensure a proper compliance environment throughout the business. One of the key goals is validating the controls and processes to have properly stated financial statements.
Essential Responsibilities: This position will support the entire Nigeria O&Gbusiness which covers all the P&Ls within O&G (Turbomachinery, Global Services, and Drilling and Production) and is within a growing emerging market with dynamic long-term growth with +$1B in potential future orders/projects.
The role requires the individual to demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall businessstrategy.
• Serve as a business partner to the operating team to drive businessinitiatives, growth, and profitability
• Partner with technical/business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as champion for cost optimization, productivity,inventory accuracy & utilization, as well as inventory standard settings
• Develop estimates, operating plans, forecasts, reviews, reports (GAAP), Growth Playbook (3-year plan) and SII (1-year plan)
• Develop and establish financial policies & procedures
• Driving receivables management and past due focus
• Perform internal and external audits and ensure controllership and consistency of accounting process across the operations, drive controllership awareness and processes through operations teams and ensures finance compliance
• Drive compliance within the team, and business – examples such as : supporting quarterly compliance review boards, training other functions on key financial policies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• At least 7 additional years of experience in a financial position
• Master’s of Business Administration is preferred
• Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
• Demonstrated team leadership ability.
• Ability to coach, mentor, and develop a professional team
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• PC proficiency
• Established analytical and project management ability
• Demonstrated compliance and integrity values
Job Segments: Accounting, Aviation, Engineer, Engineering, Finance, Financial, Management, Manager, Project Manager, Technology, Wastewater, Water Treatment
CLICK LINK TO APPLY