Posted on :
11 Jan, 2011
11 Jan, 2011
Positions for Experts in International Voice, Data and Broadband Services have been announced by Globacom, Nigeria’s Second National Operator. Globacom needs to beef its staff strength to meets its fast expanding business operations. Only this year Globacom launched the Glo1 submarine cable and has started offering commercial services. In view of the nature of its operations it is continually recruiting manpower to improve services, provide support and enhance competitiveness. Globacom stated in the announcement that the vacancies have arisen as a result of expansion in its different areas of operations – Glo1 and Glo Gateway.
Nigeria’s telecom sector has experienced tremendous change over the years. Quality issues in human capital capacity and service are some of the challenges experienced in the industry. Operators have had to deal with the challenges while at the same time reaping the benefits of one of the world’s fastest growing telecom markets. The announcement in fact specifically mentions continuous expansion in Africa.
Here is information on requirements for Positions for Experts in International Voice, Data and Broadband Services in Globacom Limited:
* Relevant university degree are required for all positions
* For the technical positions, a degree in Electrical/Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering is preferred, while for non-technical positions a degree in Economics, Marketing or Business-related discipline is Preferred.
* Relevant post graduate or professional qualification will be an added advantage
APPLICATION AND CONTENT SERVICES MANAGER
– 7 – 10 years experience in a leading telecom/ISP company with at least 5 years in content development
– Identify high bandwidth consuming applications for development in the Nigerian and other West African markets.
– Design, develop and rollout application & content product architecture, service delivery model and IT billing support.
WIFI NETWORK SPECIALIST
– 7 – 10 years experience in a leading telecoms/ISP company with the last 3 years as a Wi-Fi Network Specialist.
– Strong relevant technical competences in Wi-Fi domain.
– Must have experience in setting up Wi-Fi networks or Wi-Fi Hot Spots
SOLUTION ARCHITECT WIFI
– 5 – 9 years experience in a leading telecoms/ISP company with the last3 years in setting up a Wi-Fi Network.
– Strong relevant technical competencies in a Wi-Fi domain.
– Strong retail & franchise management skills and experience will be an added advantage.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT EXECUTIVE/MANAGER
– 3 – 8 years data solution building and high level experience in techno-commercial proposals and designing connectivity solutions for customers.
– Additional certifications from Cisco/Nortel/Avaya and Microsoft will be a key advantage.
– 7 – 10 years experience in Program Management in a leading telecoms/ISP company.
– Additional certifications such as PMP (Project Management Professional) certification and/or certifications from Cisco/Nortel/Avaya and Microsoft will be a key advantage.
Method of Application
1. Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume (quoting the relevant references for the vacancy) with a passport photograph if possible to: [email protected]
2. Please note that failure to quote your Reference Number will make your application invalid.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All application closes 11 January 2011