Posted on :
25 Sep, 2009
25 Sep, 2009
Lead Engineer/Technologist: GE Nigeria – MCS Job in Lagos, Nigeria
GE is a multinational conglomerate headquartered in the USA. In 2009, Forbes ranked GE as the world’s largest company. The company has 323,000 employees around the world. GE has various operations in Nigeria.
Today, they are looking for Lead Engineer/TechnologistJob Number 1088544
Business GE Energy Infrastructure
Business Segment Energy Infrastructure – Oil & Gas
Posted Position Title Lead Engineer/Technologist – MCS
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Product Design and Development
Relocation Expenses None
Essential Responsibilities The Manifold & Connections Engineer will be an integral part of the MCS Manifold team that is technical responsible for defining and delivering subsea manifold systems to the programs, tenders and projects.
* Has the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
* Will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
* Shall execute and facilitate the design and analysis for assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
* Will provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project.
* Will participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical reviews.
* Will document technical data generated for the assigned program / project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
* Will be the technical contact point for vendors and participate in customer interactions with the project and sales teams.
* The responsibility will also include cross-functional work to define, implement and test the connection solutions.
* Technical responsible for manifold and/or jumper projects within one or more disciplines (Piping, Structural, Design ).
* MSc or BSc in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience within the subsea industry -preferably manifold systems. Candidates with less formal education will be considered if they have solid and relevant experience.
* Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
* Experience in mechanical hardware design and development
* PC proficiency, including ProEngineer, STAAD and / or ANSYS / Triflex experience
* Experience within one or more disciplines; Piping analysis, Structural analysis or Design of offshore and/or Subsea structures.
* Knowledge to rules and regulations within the Oil & Gas industry ( ISO, ASME , API)
* Proven project technical leadership experience
* Proven experience in leading a team to work across all functions/levels
* Highly proactive and results oriented
* Strong analytical skills combined with excellent problem solving skills
* Self motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This offer is Now Expired