GE is a diversified global infrastructure,finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs.From energy,water,transportation and health to access to money and information,GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worlwide.For more information,visit the company’s web site at www.ge.com.GE Oil & Gas (www.ge.com/oilandgas) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry,from drilling and production,LNG pipelines and storage to industrial power generation,refining and petrochemicals.We also provide pipeline integrity solutions,including inspection and data management.As part of our “Innovation Now” customer focus and commitment,GE Oil &Gas leverages technological innovation from other GE businesses,such as aviation and healthcare,to continuously inprove oil and gas industry performance and productivity.GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
Job Title: Lead Operation & Facilities Manager
Job Number: 1458653
Business: GE Energy
Business Segment: Energy – Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Fulfillment Operations
Location: Onne, Nigeria
Relocation Assistance: Yes
The role of the Lead Ops & Facilities Manager at Onne Base is to ensure that the personnel and the base are fully equipped and safe to support the various ongoing operations at our facility, allowing them to run 100% efficient. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Interfaces with the Customer Service Center 7X24 Hr for flow escalation.
- Develops long range forecast for region resource needs.
- Develops and executes short and long-range resource plans based on resource forecasts and region business commitments including recruitment, skills reviews, and resource development through advance level training.
- Provides leadership to ensure business meets financial goals by driving unassigned time and field engineer utilization metrics.
- Administers service activities to meet region and the Global Services Support Operations COE objectives.
- Serves as a key member of the Global Resource COE team to ensure optimum utilization and movement of resources as required meeting the total FS&I business goals.
- Ensures compliance with company policies.
- Controls office and field expenses.
- Establishes and sustains a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications with at least 5 years cognate experience.
- Demonstrable management/leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of relevant industrial products.
- Strong customer service mindset
- Ability to lead in a global environment
- Knowledge of applicable industrial information systems
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of industrial products
- Six Sigma training is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
Job Segments: Aviation, Customer Service, Energy, Engineer, Engineering, Facilities, Field Engineer, Information Systems, Inspector, Management, Manager, Operations, Pipeline, Project Manager, Quality, Six Sigma, Technology