Lextorah Limited, specializes in enterprise learning technologies and our goal in respect of every project is to harness the internet and latest learning technologies to consolidate Learning, thereby creating unique and memorable educational experience for children of all ages.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Baking and Pastry Chef Instructor
- Prepare and execute upon daily lesson plans for classes and teach classes,
- Continually participate in the assessment process of the student’s educational development/goals as it relates to the needs of the Baking and Pastry Arts Department as well as the overall needs of the Institute.
- Work individually with students who require extra help, have questions about course information, want career guidance, or who need assistance in their studies.
- Enforce sanitation principles (appropriate to particular teaching assignment), attendance policies, Institute’s professionalism, uniform, and hygiene policy, and other academic policies.
- Assume responsibility for equipment and facilities of the kitchen, bakeshop, pastry shop, and/or classrooms.
- Provide regular and useful feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluate and document student performance using established methods and criteria; and file course grades promptly.
- Prepare, review, and revise course guides, syllabi, and appropriate curriculum materials for courses offered at the Institute, along with other relevant educational materials.
- Conduct instruction and any food preparation in a quality manner within budgetary limits.
- Teach courses as assigned and follow the schedule provided for that course.
- Supervise students in preparing quality food within Institute guidelines.
- Remain current with developments in the foodservice and hospitality industries; plan annual professional development; and strive to accomplish the goals set out in the formal annual plan.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- OND/HND/B.Sc in Food and Nutrition, Catering and Hotel Management or similar fields
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience which includes managerial level duties and responsibilities in the Food Service/Hospitality Industry with a strong focus on Baking and Pastry.
- Fine dining, Baking/Pastry production and prior training experience is required.
- High skill level in Baking and Pastry Arts, table service, management, food costing, and sanitary practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to break complex concepts down to an appropriate level for students.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and breakthroughs, and incorporate into curriculum.
- Ability to identify learning outcomes, and execute plans to achieve those objectives with students.
- Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including e-mail software, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn industry specific software relating to educational technology, grading systems, scheduling systems and purchase ordering systems.
- Must have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a typical kitchen environment.
- Must be able to perform hands on demonstrations of baking and pastry techniques and correct use of equipment.
- Must have the ability to work various shifts including those may begin at 1:30 AM and those which end at 10:00 PM.
- Must have the ability to be exposed to common cleaning agents and chemicals associated with food safety and kitchen sanitation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 12th December, 2017.