Lorache Group is a Marketing Management, Human Capital Development and Business Process & Strategist Consultancy Outfit, registered with Company & Allied Commission (CAC) of Nigeria to perform such businesses.
Lorache works cut across multiple industries, including the consumer goods, finance, capital market, pharmaceutical, telecommunication, entertainment and leisure sectors etc. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary / Legal Adviser
Ref.: CLD 205
- The Company Secretary / Legal Adviser is responsible for the efficient administration of the company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
As a company secretary, you’ll need to:
- Report to the chairman and often liaise with board members
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with Companies House
- Follow up on actions from meetings
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company – in a publicly listed company
- Monitor the administration of the company’s pension scheme – may be a requirement in some smaller companies
- Oversee and renew insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises
- Enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- LLB and must be a registered member of the Nigerian Bar Association. Possession of L.LM Degree will be an added advantage
- Must possess NYSC discharged/exemption certificate
- The candidate must not be more than 40 years of age, with not less than 10 years working experience in a similar job
- The successful applicant must be computer literate.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 10th December, 2020.