The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset financing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Team Lead
Category: Technology – Backend Engineering
Job type: Full Time
- We are scaling up every technology team to build on of the world’s most innovative Fin Tech platforms. Our technical teams are fully remote, and engineers thrive on a mix of collaboration and autonomy.
- We hire great people and then trust them to get work done without putting artiﬁcial barriers in front of them. We organize the department by discipline and function, so everyone has the chance to pick a lane—but also grow outside, building skills in an environment where good engineering is respected.
- Software Engineering Team lead is a remote role within the following time zone MT -1/GMT +3.
- We’re looking for a Team Lead to join our Software Engineering department. Software Engineering at M-KOPA works within small teams of engineers, product managers, and testers to deliver solidly architected and tested services, as well as to maintain those services in production.
As a Software Engineer Team Lead, you will be expected to:
- Put people first, bringing your most empathetic self to work
- Take a product-focused approach to development and drive changes with data, being accountable for your team deliverables
- Be able to translate complex problems into a series of simple, easy to explain problems
- Make pragmatic technical decisions based on stakeholders and user needs
- Have 5+ years of commercial software engineering experience in .NET
- Have a good understanding of system design, ideally event driven microservices
- You understand that DevOps is a culture, and you know how to work with infrastructure as code, observability and automated testing as the building blocks of your day to day job
You might be a good fit if you:
- Understand that people problems are the hardest problems
- Challenge the status quo but understand pragmatic decisions
- Enjoy working in cross-functional domain teams, collaborating on issues and deep-diving into features to improve our customers’ lives
- Strive to deep dive into our Backend and Android architecture, deeply understanding our systems from what they do to how they benefit our customers
- Come to work to learn and share your knowledge, ideas, and thought process to solve the challenges ahead of you
- We don’t want any of the bullet points above to discourage you from applying if your experience doesn’t match exactly what is highlighted above, but you are willing to learn we want to hear from you. Perhaps you have experience in other cloud providers and tools but are willing to invest in Azure DevOps and Azure.
- What matters the most for us is that you are willing to come and contribute to our journey to improve people’s lives, starting from your team to the lives of our customers. If that’s the case, we would love to hear from you, please tell us about your experiences and what you can contribute to our team.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.