Mactay Consulting – Our client, a Lekki-based Art Gallery, is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Art Gallery Assistant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The candidate will work in the Exhibitions Department. This position’s primary responsibility is to assist in the presentation and selling of various art works.
Primary Work Duties:
- Ability to present the product and sell.
- Provide on-site display space monitoring.
- Each day, with the help of on-site security officials, unlock and secure the exhibition space.
- Keep track of attendance in the gallery.
- Get the show ready for display when it arrives. Turning on lights, starting up electronic work, and resetting or altering artwork as needed are all examples of this.
- Remove any garbage or debris, ensure that walkways to any exits are accessible.
- Ensure that the space is set up as planned before the gallery’s opening.
- At the end of each day, properly close and turn off the gallery as needed.
- Act as a greeter, welcoming visitors to the space, providing any information or answers to queries that may arise, and maintaining a friendly and welcoming environment for all visitors.
- The Gallery Assistant will also offer security for the exhibition, ensuring that visitors interact with the work in an intended manner.
- Will have to convey information or remarks between the general audience and the venue, the artist, or the project coordinator.
- Occasional Moving and handling artwork.
- A Degree / HND / OND in Fine Arts or any related field
- 1 – 4 years work experience.
- Previous experience in an art related field (is a plus).
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Ability to take direction and understand instruction.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn and be trained.
- Maturity and understanding of the creative process and the ability to interact courteously and professionally with clients, including artists and designers.
- Ability to work safely and professionally in a group or alone, using all appropriate safety equipment.
Salary: N70,000 monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st December, 2021.