MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSN Transmission Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Configuration Management and implementation of the plan provided by planning team
- Implement planned and operational activities, like MW and Transmission expansions, MW rerouting, Integration of new node integration in the network
- Daily health check performance and analysis, report immediately in case of any ambiguity
- Check the Network Utilization on daily basis and then suggest advise to planning or any responsible person
- Responsible to maintain all network & individual NEs KPI to agreed value
- Ensure Trouble ticket management, Fault diagnosis, Remote fault resolution, and control
- Ensure monitoring of the nodes for any system critical/Major alarms on daily basis and perform activity to minimize the occurrence
- Responsible to train & Share experience to all other BO, FO and FME engineers for their development
- Responsible for proper coordination with all other MS department to ensure network working smoothly with transmission
- Provide Remote support to all FMs team if required and login when necessary.
- He must be a team player in all issue and must coordinate directly with other MS dept till the issue get resolved
- Committed to ensuring that all issue are resolve within agreed SLA but Ensure and escalate the trouble ticket to next level or raise CSR support to Vendor if issue is beyond him and can’t be resolved within agreed time and follow up.
- Involved in the planning and development of new Projects.
- Ready to achieve his own set of objectives by demonstrating skillful capabilities in the field of transmission.
- Prepare written reports and other technical documentation to communicate ideas, concepts and details necessary to accomplish specific goals.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Perform, or assist in taking parts inventory in case of any audit purposes
- Be ready to support & work Outside working hours.
- Must attend all network transmission faults are attended to within the network 24X7
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 10 – 15 of experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiar with transmission equipment of Huawei (RTN 600/900 Series) &
- (OSN 1500,2500,3500,7500) (ATM, SDH, DWDM), 3rd line, Tx, Huawei, Virgin Media, BT, Optic, optical network, OSN, 3500, 6800, 8800, NOC, Network Operations Centre, U2020, NCE
- Familiar with other vendors transmissions equipment (NERA evolution) &(NEC pasolink)
- Having good knowledge of SDH & PDH and DWDM concepts.
- Fully understand the O&M environment & Requirement and available NOC tools
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021.