MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Location: Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- To perform all Operations and Maintenance functions that ensure the integrity of the radio, transmission, and power infrastructure of the defined area of the region assigned and reflect the MTN brand values.
- Resistive and politically virile communities
- High level of technology in underdeveloped communities
- Infrastructure deficiencies and constraints
- Quality of network is a distinguishing factor in the telecommunications industry.
- Understanding the telecommunication industry (globally and locally) as well as future developments and assessing impact on operation and maintenance of the core network.
- Execution of HQ’s plans and designs as regards the radio, transmission, and power infrastructure of the defined area of the Region
- Interface with transmission in maintaining and managing transmission management system
- Maintain a sound working relationship between the network operations section and all associated parties, within the company and external bodies.
- Ensure local power source bills are paid
- Perform routine O&M procedures as prescribed for Power, Transmission and BTS Radio networks.
- React to emergency faults and ensure all faults are rectified promptly within contracted SLA.
- Resolve repetitive faults affecting BTS radio network and ensure provision of power (requisite quality) to all sites within purview 24 hours a day.
- Implement cross connect equipment in a designated area of the MTN Network.
- Gather information and compile reports on the availability of the transmission network considering the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Identify and clear any fault/ alarm raised and assigned by trouble ticket while escalating such within the stipulated period in the SLAs.
- Implement approved software changes as directed with change requests.
- Ensure maintenance work undertaken by contractors meets MTN Nigeria’s specification.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records of all transmission links, BTS sites, power equipment and spares for all sites within designated area.
- Ensure strict compliance to all security and network Integrity documentation.
- Liaise with diesel contractors to ensure on-scheduled supply of diesel to sites within the purview.
- B.Sc Degree in Electrical / Electronics (Telecommunications) or Mechanical Engineering
- Four years RF & BTS, transmission and electrical experience with a GSM
- Two (2) years experience in implementation and maintenance of power and cooling systems preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Experience in transmission and radio planning and climbing towers is desirable
- Radio frequency propagation and radio/Microwave equipment installation and or maintenance
- Training on the BSS aspect of a GSM network
- Radio planning and optimization of GSM network
- Training on vendor equipment and software
- New technologies training.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 8th March, 2022.