This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to Chief Operating Officer.
- Provides the operating direction for the Engineering Department, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met.
- Builds up a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment in the Terminal to reduce damages and downtime on all machinery.
- Strives to prevent damage to machinery & human accidents.
- Provides supervision and direction for the Engineering Department.
- Sets goals and objectives for Engineering services.
- Analyses performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensures good communications throughout engineering team and their team interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Manages the budget of the Engineering department.
- Provides reliable service to Operations team, ensuring equipment is in a state of readiness, well-maintained, and that all steps are taken in preventative maintenance and parts availability.
- Works closely with HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) to ensure safety policies, rules, and regulations are reviewed, revised, issued and posted on an on-going basis.
- A good University Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering. Post graduate degree in management, business or related field is considered an asset.
- Preferable 7 to 10 years experience in related position in the material handling, logistics, or transportation industry.
- A good working knowledge of terminal maintenance (port or air) practices and principles. Specific working knowledge of support equipment, cranes, and power generation is required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of general safety, health and environmental issues as well as must be familiar with maritime codes.
- Must have working knowledge of budget preparation, basic financial related matters, and reporting against financial objectives.
- Requires effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills, as well as excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
This position is an expat position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 22nd October 2010.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Jean Chukwura on Jean.[email protected]
Offer valid till 21 october 2010