Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – GCC- CWA
- Maersk Nigeria Limited is now looking for an outstanding Commercial leader to join as the Business Development Manager – GCC/CWA Cluster.
- Reporting directly to the CWA Cluster Sales Director, the role will be responsible for Delivering targeted volume and market share on GCC- CWA, analyze and identify opportunities to grow Chinese business, drive GCC knowledge/education within CWA cluster and act as the VPS coordinator between GCC/AFR, promote Maersk brand image and lift Chinese customers’ engagement through events and daily attendance and Stakeholder Management with government officials representing ML.
- Create, articulate and drive sales strategies for customer segments in CWA;
- Overall CWA cluster RoFo with GCC;
- Leverage understanding of China & CWA business environment to support development of the sales strategy;
- Interface with ML GCC organization and Trade & Marketing in both China and CWA for new business opportunities;
- Make joint sales calls with sales representatives;
- Maintain senior relationships with top accounts;
- Contribute significantly towards achieving market share target for FEA Trade;
- Sharing Africa knowledge, origin destination liaison, Africa business development and market intelligence;
- Stakeholder management with government officials and representing ML to ensure due protocol for optimal outcome to the line.
- Develop local differentiators, and formulate a business plan to support target deliveries and sharper value propositions in CWA cluster;
- Ensure optimal activity management and account management to truly understand customers and their needs;
- Drive campaigns to generate a healthy pipeline and yield;
- Oversee the Cluster’s forecasting and budgeting processes to align with business goals;
- Any other China business related activity that would assist volumes to CWA;
We are looking for:
- Ability to communicate fluently in both Chinese and English;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in commercial roles with strong experience of China market,
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change;
- Ability to work in a flexible manner – out of hours as required;
- The ability to pay high attention to detail and deliver high quality work;
- Ability to travel for meetings with various customers and business partners;
- Known & recognized for living APMM values;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Central West Africa Market is a plus,
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong stakeholder management skills, dealing with a large number of internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated results in business performance, leadership and organizational development;
- An exciting global career opportunity focused on increasing our share of wallet through value selling.
- This role offers dynamics of improving on stakeholder relationships and management skill.
- You will create valuable relationships with stakeholders and work within a dynamic team in an international environment, with the opportunity to shape your own career through continuous development.
Application Deadline 12th March, 2018.