Maersk Nigeria is currently recruiting a Cluster Finance manager to be based in Apapa, Lagos Nigeria – a cosmopolitan, thriving metropolis with an excellent quality of life, numerous international schools and a large expatriate community.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for Finance activities for all countries within cluster
- To provide financial information and services to enable cluster management to execute the Maersk Line business effectively
- To manage and optimize the working capital and cash management strategies
- To ensure that local finance and control are optimal, accurate and timely in line with global guidelines and local laws and regulations
- To develop a competent finance organization and to be a strategic partner to the Cluster Top.
- Co-ordination with Centre Finance and other functions.
- To co-ordinate with the GSC functions and ensure timely and accurate execution of off-shored tasks
- To manage the local implementation of off-shoring suitable activities/tasks.
- Reduction of General and Administrative costs
- Optimized liquidity management and favorable cash flow status
- Local statutory accounts in accordance with local regulation
- Accurate and timely execution of all financial transactions
- Timely and correct HFM updates in accordance with APMM GAP and IFRS standards
- Reporting of actuals, estimates and budgets in line with global requirements
- Submission of relevant local statutory requirements and interaction with local authorities
- Systems – proactively support initiatives for implementation of new systems and propose changes/new implementations as required.
- Audits – coordinate internal and external audits
- An optimal cluster-wide control environment across functions
We are seeking candidates who possess the following:
- Minimum 8 years experience in the Finance and/or Accounting area, with 3 to 4 years being in a high level Managerial position, a professional level degree desirable
- Well organized, very strong commitment to meeting deadlines and flexibility with regards to working time an absolute requirement
- Team player with strong relationship building skills and ability to develop employee and direct report competencies.
- High integrity and personal credibility
- Self–starter with ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Contingency Management – Anticipate and identify bottlenecks and mitigate risk
- Experience in role as Leader of Others &/ Leader of Leaders
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Project Management skills
- Capacity to be a change agent — initiate, implement and support changes in a well-structured manner.
· Financial management
· Development of leadership skills
· In-depth understanding of the Liner Business
· Knowledge of various financial and operations systems
Should you wish to find out more about the position please contact Dylan Land: Human Resources & Organisational Development Manager (recruiting resp) Tel: +234 (0) 805 659 6122 or the incumbent Mr Nitin Senan +234 (0) 1 280 6102.
Apply directly to Maersk by clicking here
Offer expires on February 4, 2010