Posted on :
25 Mar, 2010
Maersk Nigeria is recruiting for Internal Controller – Container Inland Services (CIS), CIS Nigeria is part of Global A.P. Moller Maersk Group having presence in more than 125 countries and engaged in activities such as Oil & Gas Exploration, Shipping, Inland Services and Logistical Support.
Container Inland Services (CIS) Nigeria is involved mainly in Off Dock activities such as Import Deliveries, Stripping/Stuffing of Containers, Trucking/Shunting of Containers between Port and Off Dock, Trucking to hinterland destinations, Equipment Maintenance and Repair, Container Sales and various other CIS related activities.
APM Terminals is looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Responsible to provide timely and accurate financial information and expertise to enable management to make accurate decisions whilst maintaining constant care and compliance with policies and standards.
Establish and continuously develop the internal control function.
The incumbent will be involved in the daily financial control of a huge organisation and will therefore have the opportunity to gain a broad overview of a stand-alone business unit and become familiar with the role of a business process of Shipping Industry.
Specific Tasks and Areas of Responsibility
· Active member of the CIS Country/Cluster Management Team and responsible for controlling environment across the cluster.
· Responsible for coordinating and performing control reviews across the cluster
· Responsible for assisting in investigating of fraud cases and subsequent reporting on these to management.
· To pro-actively identify risks in the challenging environment and to report these to management on an ongoing basis
· Manage monthly reporting process including responsibility for accurate, timely and high quality HFM reporting with full adherence to APM GAP and Local Accounting Standards.
· Ensure proper processes are in place for all the business transactions.
· Regular review/follow up on compliance of internal SOP’s
· Follow up on KPI’s, Financial Reviews and Control Dashboard results.
· Contribute in providing high quality financial information and its analysis to senior management to support decision making.
· Ensure no major findings in various audits conducted during the year
· Drive various cost awareness and other initiatives triggered from Cluster / Region.
· Ensure smooth completion of various Audits during the year.
· Ensure compliance with Group Policies, business audits, board material preparation and adhoc financial analysis
· Implement initiatives to improve financial processes and operational performance
· Compliance with the Finance elements of the concession and long term lease agreements entered into with Government agencies.
· Identify cost saving opportunities to improve the result of the business and add to shareholder value.
Desired Experience and Profile
· University Degree in Finance and Accounting, Chartered Accountant, auditing or similar with a minimum of 3 years experience in similar function.
· Be a strong team player while at the same time being able to work independently.
· Practical experience within finance and accounting required. IFRS experience a plus
· Sound Knowledge of SAP though not required but preferred.
· Excellent communication skills; being able to explain financial matters in layman’s terms to management and other functions.
· Strong analytical skills
· Required to travel between offices within the cluster
· Considerable drive and interest in taking on new tasks
· Well Organized, timely and focused on quality
· Strong inter personal skills
· Expert knowledge of MS Excel
· High level of general business acumen to identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve overall financial results
Deadline 19th April 2010