Posted on :
9 Jun, 2010
9 Jun, 2010
A.P. Moller – Maersk Group is a worldwide conglomerate. We operate in some 130 countries and have a workforce of some 115,000 employees. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies, we’re involved in a wide range of activities in the energy, logistics, retail and manufacturing industries. Maersk Nigeria recruits: Dispatch and Trucking Manager
DISPATCH & TRUCKING MANAGER – Container Inland Services (CIS), Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
The Position: DISPATCH & TRUCKING MANAGER
Our Vision & Mission requires that our organization is focused towards our Clients and the Products we deliver to them. The Dispatch and Trucking Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and executing all trucking and dispatch functions within the company.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Dispatch and Trucking Manager will be overall responsible for
• Optimal utilization of truck fleet and development of Dispatch Centre function – Contribute to preparation of annual budgets in line with agreed objectives & strategy. Strategize to achieve the targets set on all parameters including up – time of trucks, running costs and contribution to Dispatch function.
• Strategy and Macro Policy Development – Review new business opportunities, new ways of running the business, investigate new and existing optimization systems that can add to the efficiency and the financial result of the Dispatch and Trucking business.
– Inputs to Management on Scenario Planning reflecting the trends and opportunities
• Workshop Management – Ensure an efficient and up-to-date maintenance policy of trucks and vehicles under the workshops control both in terms of costs and output to minimize downtime of equipment. Other Areas of Responsibility – Monitor KPIs to ensure the department performs at the expected level – Accountable and responsible for meeting or exceeding financial and non- financial (e.g. availability and performance) targets within areas of responsibility for the country – Manage relevant external relationships – Prepare and co- ordinate P&L activities and implement the operations budget – Ensure the required communication flow within the sections is a cooperative way to ensure smooth product delivery to the customers – Ensure mandatory reporting functions for the department are performed as and when due (e.g. timely reporting of fuel and spare parts costs).
JOB PROFILE/ REQUIREMENTS
• Broad knowledge of both hands-on-truck operation and mechanics
• Strong administrative and leadership skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel Nigeria is a rapidly developing country with a high hardship factor meaning that the very extensive remuneration package offered is commensurate with the level of the position as well as with the environment.
Click the Link below, select the country and Apply online