MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Operations Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Finance Analyst will be responsible for ensuring all reconciling items are promptly treated, and all revenue and expenses are captured within the reporting period.
Other job functions include:
- Assist in preparing and maintaining of daily worksheets and recording of accounting entries in the general ledger system.
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of the general ledger postings.
- Assist to liaise with the bank for all Company transactions, as assigned.
- Assist in Inventory management.
- Assist in preparation of Monthly Last Mile Costs Schedule and ensure proper reconciliation against invoices and payments.
- Confirm authorizations for all requests and obtain necessary supporting documents.
- Maintain regular contact with other staff, departments and remote offices on procurement and other finance matters, as well as to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
- Research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Identify and update Supervisor of significant problems, discrepancies, risks etc
- Prepare supporting documents, reports, records etc. for financial transactions.
- Ensure compliance with all accounting standards, policies and procedures, legal/statutory and company regulations.
- Assist in preparing bank reconciliations.
- Assist in ensuring all reconciling items are promptly treated to ensure all revenue and expenses are captured within the reporting period.
- Assist in Fixed Asset management.
- Assist in ensuring all cash advances to staff are been retired.
- Assist in Maintaining schedule of cash advances to staff.
- Assist in ensuring proper file management, easy treating of vouchers to GL as well as maintaining well reconciled vendor statement and file.
- Other duties consistent with the role as assigned from time.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- First degree in Finance/Accounting
- ICAN/ACCA Required.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Basic Book keeping procedures.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Efficient use of accounting templates.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
Demand on the Job:
- Able to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Able to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percent.
- Working knowledge of any accounting application.
- Well organized.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply