MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Design Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 6
- The Data Centre Design Specialist (DCDS) will be responsible for specifications and designs of Data Centres and allied infrastructure, managing technical engagements with vendors and customers as well as ensuring projects are delivered according to the approved standards and costs.
Other specific responsibilities include to:
- Research technical data pertaining to all infrastructure deployment and specifications, ensuring the most cost-effective products/equipment are designed.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish data center design criteria, develop basis of design, establish installation strategy, and lead internal technical scope reviews based on design requirements.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to perform design reviews on data center and other infrastructure projects, ensuring all designs meet the specified criteria and standards.
- Lead and manage the Design Build contractor to ensure projects meet the business and technical needs defined in the design scope document.
- Provide construction administrative support to the Project Manager during construction. Tasks may include but will not be limited to, responding to RFI’s, issuance of technical bulletins, review submittals and shop-drawings.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) at vendor factories and coordinate the data center construction & commissioning process.
- Ability to dimension correctly and design the data center facilities infrastructure which include utility and clean power systems, power distribution systems, rack power systems, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, cable management systems, etc.
- Keep track of installations and ensure alignment with approved scope and design drawings design.
- Coordinate concept designs and development of projects & infrastructure for the Capital Projects Team or as may be required within the organization.
- Ensure quality of materials conform to approved specifications and regulations and supervising test of materials when required.
- Ensure that all assigned work carried out complies with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards
- Responsible for safe keeping and easy retrieval of printed design documents and any additional project supervision and tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / B.Tech degree preferably in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum of six (6) years in a Mechanical or Building Services /Facilities engineering design & supervision.
- Data Centre or critical infrastructure design experience or Certification will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of electrical & mechanical engineering design principles
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good Project Management Experience including supervision of Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) works
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and good attention to details
- Strong team work, excellent writing and speaking skills is a requirement.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified