MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Transmission Planning
Job Type: Permanent
- Head, Transmission Planning will be responsible for Transmission Network design, engineering, network expansion to meet growth and business requirements and conforming to ITU-T standards and meeting the policies and regulations of Telecom Regulators.
- The scope will cover the whole of Main One network in Nigeria, Ghana, Portugal and UK.
Other Job Functions include:
- Ensure the requisite planning and engineering documentation to ensure quality implementation and effective operations.
- Efficient and timely initiation of vendor selection for network expansion and for deployment of new products and solutions.
- Ensure Microwave link design conforming to NCC approved frequency channels and bands as well as the prescribed availability and reliability criteria.
- Ensure timely and cost effective capacity design and planning of transmission network for capacity growth (DWDM, SDH, Microwave, Metro Ethernet/Packet & GPON), for core and access networks.
- Evolve network in line with business objectives.
- Ensure CAPEX spent is optimized to meet business requirements.
- Ensure compliance to the policies and regulations of Telecom Regulators.
- Ensure operational delivery of not less than 99.95% for 100% of core network.
- Engineer core network infrastructure for 100% uptime with redundancy/ failover.
- Ensure efficient allocation of circuit and equipment resources and efficient routing.
- Planning and implementation of new PoPs to meet the business expansion requirements.
- Provide timely Transmission network resources for meeting the IP/ NGN network requirements.
- Optimize sparing policy and ensure vendor support (including finalizing vendor contracts) to minimize MTTR.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A strong working knowledge of microwave transmission, DWDM/ SDH/ PDH/ IP networks and related protocols.
- Successful project management experience leading a team of minimum 5 engineers.
- Deep understanding of SLA requirements to ensure quality of service to customers.
- Exposure to network management systems.
- Ability to interpret topography and network design maps.
- Exposure to Submarine optic fiber cable systems will be desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of 12 years work experience in Planning, Implementation, Operation and Maintenance of Optical & Microwave Transmission networks.
- A broad operational experience of network planning, engineering, implementation and operations & maintenance in the above mentioned fields.
Demand on the Job:
- Strategic thinking and problem solving ability.
- Result oriented, strong commitment to provide high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening, and communication skills.
- Research & writing skills.
- Leadership & team management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply