Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is one of the largest listed companies in Nigeria. It produces markets and sells alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Nigeria. It is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: L7 (G5)
Reports To: Services Engineer
Nigeria is currently the world’s second largest market for the Guinness Brand. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff and capital for the latest technology.
The Maintenance Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
Role has significant impact on raw material, component and utility costs and production, quality, rework and labour costs.
b) Market Complexity
The Nigerian beverage market is complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus. Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery to become Number 1.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
Liase with other Brewing, Packaging, Services and Maintenance Technicians, Lab Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production.
Purpose of Role
To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimise equipment availability and to minimise losses and risk.
To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
Top 3 – 5 Accountabilities
- Provide a comprehensive production service on allocated plant and equipment: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental CI or BCM initiatives and PIP’s to meet/exceed improvement targets.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3 years experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognised technical qualification.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inadequate skill to successfully operate and maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis.
Flexible Working options