Making of Champions Limited is a Sports Media & Management Company that was set up to elevate the profile and performance of Sports in Nigeria and the rest of Africa, and is dedicated to maximising the potential that sports has to bring the country, and the continent on a whole, together.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Athlete Performance Manager
- MoC is looking to add a female Athlete Performance Manager (APM) to our Track Club Management Team in Lagos, to help us guide and monitor the academic and athletic wellbeing and performance of MoC Athletes in Lagos. The role is particularly well suited for a Female Sports Coach or Physical Education teacher looking for an upwardly mobile career in Athletics!
- This particular APM role is specifically for ladies only, as a key function of this role is to be an adult presence at the female-only “MoC Athlete’s House”, who will be responsible for the welfare of the Athletes living there and for the maintenance of the House. The role requires that you have a genuine interest in working with young people, be caring, energetic and prepared to give emotional support when needed.
- You must be reliable, warm and friendly in disposition, with sufficient sensitivity to show tact and diplomacy. A sense of humour and an even temper dealing with all situations in a co-operative and sensitive manner are also fundamental to carrying out this job effectively. You must be an effective communicator at all levels and a good listener.
- We’re looking for a highly driven person who is looking to forge an exciting career in Sports Management in Nigeria!
Athlete Performance at MoC Lagos Track Club:
- Monitor the enrolment and progress of all MoC Athletes at Secondary Schools, Universities or WAEC/JAMB preparatory classes close to their training locations
- Management of Team MoC Athletes at Competitions across Nigeria during the Athletics season (usually March to September each year)
- Planning and preparation of Athlete Budgets for training, supplements, accommodation, feeding, tuition and travel to competitions
- Coordination of Athlete Performance activities (including Healthcare) with the MoC Head Coaches and Performance Management teams, including implementation of research & innovation into all aspects of Athlete’s preparation
- Stakeholder Management – frequent communication with Parents and former Coaches of MoC Athletes, with Academic Staff at their Schools & Universities, as well as with officials of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) as necessary, on any matters relating to MoC Athletes
Athlete Welfare at Female Athletes’ House in Lagos:
- Handle the smooth running of the House: supervision of domestic services staff, general tidiness of the House, procurement of daily and maintenance needs of House, preparation/coordination of light meals
- Maintain a supportive presence in the House at all times while inculcating good manners and courtesy in the girls
- Pastoral duty – the daily routine of waking the girls for prayers in the mornings
- Supervision of compliance with after-school activities (assignments, training, etc), closely monitor their academic progress and ensure they follow any other necessary routines as appropriate
- Meet with the Head Coach and the lead Athlete Performance Manager regularly (weekly) to discuss the welfare of the girls, including any disciplinary measures that may be necessary
- Monitor the nutritional intake (food and supplements) of the girls’ at the Athletes’ House
- Oversee the medical care of the girls at the Athletes’ House as needed
- Oversee the safety and security of the girls in and outside the House
- Supervise hygiene practices and cleanliness (including appearance) of the girls, and ensure they wear the appropriate training kits and clothes for any functions
- At least 5 years work experience, with at least 1-2 years experience in a managerial role (Experience in Sports Coaching, Physical Education, or Sports/Talent management, with demonstrated skills in managing high achieving people would be advantageous)
- A flair, passion and interest in Sports Management, clearly demonstrated through hobbies, club memberships and other extra-curricular activities at university, at work or outside of work
- Exceptional communication abilities – excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Financial management capabilities and strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and focus on a variety of projects while working closely with teams of MoC staff and athletes throughout the country
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Athletics and business management or at the very least have a keen interest in Athletics (deep knowledge of Nigerian and World Athletics are advantages)
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field, though a Physical Education, Sports Management or Sports or Health-related degree would be an advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Full time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- Free Accommodation and Meals at MoC Athletes’ House in Lagos
- All expenses paid trips to National Competitions annually where MoC Athletes will be competing. E.g.:
- AFN Golden League and other AFN-organised events
- National Senior Trials/Championships
- National Junior (U20) & Youth (U18) Championships
- National Sports Festival
- National Youth Games
- National University Games
- National & State Secondary School Championships
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with ‘MoC Athlete Performance Manager’ as the email subject.
Note: Interviews will take place before end of November 2018
Application Deadline Sunday,18th November, 2018.