Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Worker (M / F / D) – Gender-Based Violence (GBV) – National position
Location: Pulka, Borno
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months
- The Case Worker oversees and coordinates all GBV activities in women and girls safe space (WGSS), assessing women and girls’ immediate needs, developing immediate care and treatment goals, implementing and monitoring women and girls’ care action plans.
- Provide support in the coordination and supervision of all the activities in Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS)
- Maintain daily contact with the community based social workers/monitoring officers to gather information on cases requiring support
- Provide appropriate and timely case management by creating a climate of trust and care, conduct introduction and first intake assessment, case action planning and implementing the action plan steps, case follow up and case closure as per agreed standards
- Provide basic emotional support (based on the IASC MHPSS guidelines pyramid) for each case and for their close family members, as required
- Conduct individual assessments for the provision of material assistance, NFI and dignity kit or/and transportation costs for medical treatment, as required;
- Refer clients to appropriate services and when necessary directly accompany them to different service providers
- Lead weekly internal case management meetings and make prompt reports in any case of special/emergency needs to the Protection Officer
- Contribute to the service mapping assessment in the target areas and support the development of referral systems with different service providers;
- Develop good relationships and coordination with service providers and community stakeholders to improve identification and provide adequate referral information
- Plan and conduct service awareness sessions with the Protection Officer and local NGO/CSO partner
- Provide support to ensure accuracy of case documentations through proper filing and archiving of case management files to maintain data confidentiality
- Support the Protection Officer to prepare monthly report on activities and conduct site visits to verify and assess the activity implementation and quality of services clients are referred to
- Identify and report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision for clients in the target areas
- Identify training needs of Protection Volunteers and community key gatekeepers and build up their capacity
- Conduct duties in strict accordance with Malteser International code of conduct and protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Be an active role model towards the population, by adhering to a healthy personal behavior and life style
- Maintain a non-judgmental and supportive attitude towards colleagues and beneficiaries regardless of their background, political affiliation or religion
- Take responsibility in representing Malteser International towards the local population, authorities and other (I)NGOs
- Adhere and respect Malteser International guidelines and codes
- Minimum of one year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context with the same position
- Sensitive to gender equality and GBV issues, commitment toward diversity and inclusion
- Excellent listening skills are essential
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems
- Excellent communicator, understanding of cross-cultural and sensitive issues
- Ability and motivation to build networks of trust with the community and work well with local authorities, local leaders and the local community
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
- Computer literate (Word and Excel)
According to qualification and experience, insurance package.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 5th February, 2021.
- This a national position
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a highly motivated team environment
- Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.