Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Advisor/Consultant
Job ID: 13-9837
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Med Makumbi
- Working under the supervision of the Senior Clinical Advisor, the Quality Improvement Advisor/Consultant will provide provides strategic support for the implementation of the Nigeria Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) aimed at increasing the quality of HIV programming in the CaTSS Project.
- He/She will also undertake periodic evaluation of the framework for implementation of MSH programs to guide decision making, identify effective strategies and improve the overall implementation of project activities.
- In addition the candidate will be responsible for providing support for the overall strategic direction for the roll out of, and sustenance of HIV Quality Improvement initiatives at partner health facilities working closely with GoN counterparts.
- Work with the Senior Clinical Advisor to spearhead HIV-related quality improvement activities within MSH CaTSS project, including implementation of the Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) and NigQUAL initiative at MSH partner health facilit
- Ensure quality management activities are integrated into the roles and responsibilities of the State Management Team and other relevant state government structures in line with PEPFAR transition effort
- Support onsite QI consultations and coaching of multidisciplinary team of service providers using information gathered during assessments, so that results are used to effect changes in HIV clinic practice.
- Spearhead capacity building on HIV related Quality improvement (QI) interventions for state government counterparts and frontline healthcare worke
- Provide TA to State Quality Management Teams and hospital Management committees to ensure sustenance of QI initiatives across board
- Represent MSH CaTSS at technical working group meetings hosted by the USG or by the HIV/AIDS Division, Ministry of Health (MoH)
- Generate quarterly QI bulletins/Reports highlighting ongoing results of quality improvement initiatives
- Work with CaTSS senior management to document and publish best practice
- Provide support to various thematic units to drive quality improvement processes to improve service delivery in supported sites.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Doctor with at least 2 years working experiences with HIV/AIDS care treatment and Quality improvement programs in Nigeria
- Excellent grasp of quality improvement issues and current literature on HIV quality improvement
- Experience in developing country health care pro
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
- Prior experience with coordinating HIV quality improvement initiatives is desirable
- Post graduate training in Public Health is desirable but not required
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Proficiency in MS Office, (Word, Excel, Access), and statistical software packages (Epi-Info, SPSS and STATA) is required.
- Willingness to travel as required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2018.