Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Grants Specialist
Job ID: 13-10200
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A577 – PMI-S
Reports To: Director Finance & Admin
- The purpose of the Senior Grants Specialist position is to assist the DFA to manage and coordinate MSH Nigeria’s complex grants portfolio lending to a variety of Non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations, and community based organizations in order to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery throughout Nigeria.
- Work closely with the supervisor to establish and follow a transparent grant process, and develop tools to implement the process, assuring that sound practices are applied at every stage of the grant process from guidelines to closeout.
- Grant Award and Agreement – Develop and finalize grant agreement for all grantees and carry out modifications as applicable
- Liaising with the technical team facilitate grant start up/inception workshop for grantees, Prepare training sessions and conduct workshops in grants management , financial obligations, reporting management for grantees as necessary.
- Capacity building of team members.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that grants operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- Reporting Directly to Director of finance and administration; Responsible for management of the grant Cycle from solicitation, evaluation and selection, responsibility determination, Grant agreement and award, monitoring implementation and closeout
- Draft solicitations, document subrecipient source selection and grant mechanism to be adopted. Issue Request for Application (RFA) Expression of interest (EOI) etc
- Evaluation – Coordinate the evaluation of application, and prepare a long list of proposed grantees for technical team review in line with the grant manual, collate evaluations scores document and prepare evaluation summary memo
- Responsibility Determination – Conduct Pre awards assessment, survey and due diligence checks for new partners, administer various assessment tools, collate reports and develop specific conditions for grant award as applicable
Qualifications and Experience
- Superior analytical abilities result oriented nature and team working capabilities.
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “practices”.
- Understands the principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Self-motivated, passionate, desire to learn and contribute adequately
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to finish projects on time.
- Must have at least Master’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting.
- At least 7 years’ relevant and progressive experience working on a USAID funded project.
- 3 years managerial experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd October, 2018.