Posted on :
10 Sep, 2009
British American Tobacco is the world’s most international tobacco group. BAT is currently recruiting suitable and qualified graduates to join in their Management Trainee programme. The Management Trainee Programme is a structured two-year intensive development programme designed to develop and supply the company with outstanding, high potential graduates who have the right skills and attitude to fast track to senior roles. The programme is rigorous and demanding, allowing only the high performers to proceed to management position.
Your selection for BAT Management Trainee Programme will involve an assessment of your leadership and managerial skills. Where necessary we will support your development with further formal training. You will be provided with opportunities to put these skills into practice, in preparation for your move to a managerial role. You will be given the opportunity to select the function you are most interested in. The Challenge Initiative will structure your development around a clearly defined set of objectives. You will gain support and encouragement from three sources. Your coach, a manager who will work with you to ensure that you are reaching the standards expected of you and you are getting what you need from the programme. Your mentor, a manager from another function, sharing the benefit of their experience and supporting you in the achievement of your personal objectives. Also, there will be other management trainees around the world who will form an invaluable network of contacts for you.
At the end of this period, having met the performance requirements, you will be appointed to your first managerial role with British American Tobacco.
Skills and Experience:
* Not more than 26 years old by end September 2009
* Successful completion of NYSC byAugust 31st 2009
* Be comfortable working in an industry which can be seen as controversial
* Excellent academic performance and successful completion of relevant degree. Minimum of 2.1
* Track record of outstanding extra-curricular achievement and leadership skill
* Innovative and creative
* Internationally mobile
* Has clear personal objectives and responsibility for self development
* Fluent in English. French proficiency an added advantage
* Strong Numerical and Verbal comprehension
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Action oriented approach to work
Deadline for applications is 30th September 2009.